upcoming releases

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

upcoming releases

paulk_asert
I was planning to release 2.4.13 shortly and subsequently 2.5.0-beta-3. I am just trying to close off a couple more bug fixes. Anyone else have things they need included?

Cheers, Paul.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: upcoming releases

eric.milles

And https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8289 is causing us a lot of pain in the debugger and appears to have a simple solution.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: upcoming releases

Paolo Di Tommaso
Eventually this PR in 2.5-beta-3 



Cheers,
Paolo


On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 7:00 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

And https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8289 is causing us a lot of pain in the debugger and appears to have a simple solution.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: upcoming releases

Daniel.Sun
In reply to this post by paulk_asert
Hi Paul,

      Apart from 2.6.0-alpha-2, I plan to release 3.0.0-alpha-1 :-)


Cheers,
Daniel.Sun



--
Sent from: http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/Groovy-Dev-f372993.html
Daniel Sun
Apache Groovy committer

Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: upcoming releases

paulk_asert
Sounds good but I'd wait until the two known issues with 2.4.13 are fixed, otherwise you'll need to release note those problems as known issues. I'm working on one now and plan to look at the other next.

Cheers, Paul.

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Daniel.Sun <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Paul,

      Apart from 2.6.0-alpha-2, I plan to release 3.0.0-alpha-1 :-)


Cheers,
Daniel.Sun



--
Sent from: http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/Groovy-Dev-f372993.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: upcoming releases

Daniel.Sun
OK. I'll release 3.0.0-alpha-1 after you fix the two known issues ;-)

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

On 2017-11-16 16:41, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sounds good but I'd wait until the two known issues with 2.4.13 are fixed,
> otherwise you'll need to release note those problems as known issues. I'm
> working on one now and plan to look at the other next.
>
> Cheers, Paul.
>
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Daniel.Sun <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> >       Apart from 2.6.0-alpha-2, I plan to release 3.0.0-alpha-1 :-)
> >
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Daniel.Sun
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Sent from: http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/Groovy-Dev-f372993.html
> >
>
Daniel Sun
Apache Groovy committer

Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: upcoming releases

eric.milles
In reply to this post by Daniel.Sun
Are we really ready to have 3 unfinished versions making their way through alpha/beta?  I haven't even had time to look into 2.6 yet.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: upcoming releases

Daniel.Sun
In reply to this post by paulk_asert
Hi Paul,

      As Groovy 2.4.13 has been released, I plan to release Groovy
3.0.0-alpha-1 later.

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun



--
Sent from: http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/Groovy-Dev-f372993.html
Daniel Sun
Apache Groovy committer

Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: upcoming releases

Cédric Champeau
I'm not sure it makes sense to release a 3.0.0 alpha when we don't even have a 2.6 out.

2017-11-24 10:22 GMT+01:00 Daniel.Sun <[hidden email]>:
Hi Paul,

      As Groovy 2.4.13 has been released, I plan to release Groovy
3.0.0-alpha-1 later.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: upcoming releases

paulk_asert
Nor a 2.5! :-) My focus right now is progressing 2.5 out the door but that will happen after G3 Summit. I have some final variable analysis tweaks ready to add which should make 2.5 close to feature complete but there are some Spock hacks that need further testing. (Spock doesn't currently set the accessed variable when transforming local variable definitions and that breaks FVA and possibly other typing checks). We possibly need to have better recommended conventions around generated code in xforms. We currently do FVA checking and possibly type checking on internal Spock local variables for instance, e.g. $spock_errorCollector. We could skip synthetic or @Generated variables (or ones with internal looking names - but that can be problematic) for instance.

I am +0 on a 3 alpha. I think we have quite a few things to work through before any 2.6/3 candidate will be close to final but if people want to play with an early alpha I see no harm.

Cheers, Paul.


On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 7:26 PM, Cédric Champeau <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm not sure it makes sense to release a 3.0.0 alpha when we don't even have a 2.6 out.

2017-11-24 10:22 GMT+01:00 Daniel.Sun <[hidden email]>:
Hi Paul,

      As Groovy 2.4.13 has been released, I plan to release Groovy
3.0.0-alpha-1 later.


12