upcoming release(s)

paulk_asert

Hi everyone,

We are planning to release 2.4.13, 2.5.0-beta-2 and the first alpha release of 2.6.0 and/or 3.0.0 over the coming weeks. We already have a bunch of fixes/features we are targeting for those releases but we are keen for any feedback. If there is a particular release you are waiting for or particular bugs/features, let us know and that can help us set priorities. Some of us have the opportunity at the upcoming GR8Conf US for some more in-depth discussions. And certainly, for those that can't make it to the conference, don't let that stop you from submitting PRs! :-)

Re: upcoming release(s)

Daniel Sun
Looking forward to 2.6.0 and 3.0.0, which contains the Parrot parser providing many new features :)

p.s. use  -Dgroovy.antlr4=true  to enable the Parrot parser

Re: upcoming release(s)

Ahm Avoby

I usually just take what the newest Groovy release gives us - but now I am curious: Where are the new features for 3.0 listed ? Groovy has no roadmap, future outlook etc on the official webpage as far as I know ?

I am of course still very much interested in any feature that solves the Minecraft-modding-obfuscation-problem. Waiting for @CompileStatic to become more Java compatible, I have in the meantime autogenerated some Groovy-to-Java-obfuscation-bridge-classes; this works reasonably well for our own Entity and Block derived classes  but of course cannot handle the general case, so there we still get the MissingMethod/-Property exceptions. Because of that we had to step back for some classes to use Java instead of Groovy again :-(

Kind regards

Daniel Sun <[hidden email]> schrieb am So., 23. Juli 2017, 13:55:
Looking forward to 2.6.0 and 3.0.0, which contains the Parrot parser
providing many new features :)

p.s. use  -Dgroovy.antlr4=true  to enable the Parrot parser

Re: upcoming release(s)

Russel Winder-3
On Sun, 2017-07-23 at 04:55 -0700, Daniel Sun wrote:
> Looking forward to 2.6.0 and 3.0.0, which contains the Parrot parser
> providing many new features :)
>
> p.s. use  -Dgroovy.antlr4=true  to enable the Parrot parser

Will the new parser not be the default in Groovy 3?

--
Russel.

Re: upcoming release(s)

Paolo Di Tommaso
Reading 2.4.13 it would be good to have 8157 fixed in this release.

Nextflow is currently reporting a bunch of errors caused by that issue. See here

Cheers,
Paolo