upcoming Groovy 2.5.3 release

paulk_asert

I was thinking of kicking off release voting for a 2.5.3 early next week.

Time to get in any changes you want for that release or let me know of anything critical we should be waiting for.

Re: upcoming Groovy 2.5.3 release

Andres Almiray
OK. I was hoping to get some time to add @Generated in many places where it’s missing but I probably won’t finish by next week. I’ll try to get as much work done before the weekend.

Sent from my primitive Tricorder

> On 12 Sep 2018, at 11:18, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I was thinking of kicking off release voting for a 2.5.3 early next week.
>
> Time to get in any changes you want for that release or let me know of anything critical we should be waiting for.
>
> Cheers, Paul.

Re: upcoming Groovy 2.5.3 release

Remko Popma
Thanks for the heads up.

Planning to bump picocli to 3.6 (adding internationalization support, @Command methods, IDefaultValueProvider interface, better error messages and bash completion script improvements).

The internationalization may be good to bring into the CliBuilder API. (But not sure I will be able to complete any CliBuilder API changes by early next week.)

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 18:18 Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

I was thinking of kicking off release voting for a 2.5.3 early next week.

Time to get in any changes you want for that release or let me know of anything critical we should be waiting for.

Re: upcoming Groovy 2.5.3 release

Remko Popma
Sorry for being unclear. I didn’t mean to hold up the release. I meant to say that for 2.5.3 I may not be able to do more than updating the picocli dependency.

I’ll start a separate email thread to discuss potential new features in CliBuilder.

Remko

On Sep 13, 2018, at 6:00, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Managed to add @Generated to most code but have some failing tests.

I’d be happy to have this feature soon but I’m hesitant to include it in 2.5.3 without a thorough review, thus don’t wait for me and go when ready.

Cheers
Andres

On 13 Sep 2018, at 02:58, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Paul,

      I created a PR to support parsing YAML(
https://github.com/apache/groovy/pull/797 ) in a groovy way, please review
it :-)

      If it is accepted, I wish it could be included in 2.5.3 release.

-----
Daniel Sun
Apache Groovy committer
Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me