Quantcast

total internationalisation of Groovy

frenchy48
I implemented a funny experiment on top of Groovy: using my tool beginners can completely program in their own language (I mean everything is translated).
You can take a look of this experiment at: http://scrountch.info
the implementation is not extremely efficient (or well written) but I consider it an amusing experiment.
I was wondering if it could be something that could be implemented in standard Groovy: if an option is present the code could look for i18N properties and be translated (get a look at arabic! the translation is googlesque  -I forgot the arabic I learned at school- but the overall result is startling!)
(I know: I will take lot of flak from people who think that english is enough  so please do not shoot the sitting duck!)
member of Grumpy Old Programmers