selection of methods

I need a correct method selection algorithm and while I think the logic
for interfaces and normal objects is quite clear I have a little problem
with numbers. I made a chart here
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GroovyJSR/Methodcall+Selection+by+Parameter+Type

It is possibly wrong and incomplete, but that is why I open this thread.
Of course I know that these are not the rules Java chooses a method. but
Java doesn't allow to use a Short in a method that takes a Long. Sincce
we have autoboxing and not only inboxing we should rethink the rules.
Additionally BigDecimal and BigInteger are not native in Java, just objects.

So ideas?

Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou
Groovy Tech Lead (http://groovy.codehaus.org)
http://blackdragsview.blogspot.com/