[parrot] Command expressions in array initializer

[parrot] Command expressions in array initializer

daniil.ovchinnikov
Hi, I just found a good puzzler candidate.

`new int[] { a b, c, d }` is actually `new int[] { a(b, c, d) }`.

I suggest to drop support for command expressions inside all comma-separated lists to avoid confusion.
It could be easily implemented later in case it will be actually needed.

Daniil Ovchinnikov
JetBrains

Re: [parrot] Command expressions in array initializer

Daniel.Sun
Good suggestion.
Besides the array initializer, argument list should be considered to stop
supporting command expression too.

-----
Daniel Sun
Apache Groovy committer
Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Apache Groovy committer

Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Re: [parrot] Command expressions in array initializer

daniil.ovchinnikov
Oh wow, I haven’t noticed that.

Main motivation for stopping supporting command expressions in array initializers was that they are not supported in argument lists.
The fact that they are supported in argument lists in 3.x is a breaking change and should be considered a bug, because they were not supported in argument lists in < 3.x.

Daniil Ovchinnikov
JetBrains