master branch has had the 'parrot' branch merged

master branch has had the 'parrot' branch merged

I merged the parrot branch into master. All the tests pass.

I'll split off the GROOVY_2_6_X branch next week (the idea of that branch is outlined in earlier emails) and merge in the parrot backport before bumping master to jdk8.

Daniel, we'll need to do some re-work wrt to the zips in:
subprojects/groovy-parser-antlr4/src/test/resources

We can't have those zips embedded within the src zip we use for distribution (Apache policy). Rat currently doesn't check that subproject. It seems useful to still have those tests though, so we need to (logically at least) "move them off to the side" somehow. Several ways we can do it. I can assist next week when I get back from holidays if you don't have any luck in the meantime.

Re: master branch has had the 'parrot' branch merged

Hi Paul,

      Thanks for your setting aside some time to merge parrot into mater when you are still on holidays.

      If I got your words, zip files containing other project source code should be excluded in the source distribution, right?

       When Groovy 3 is applied by these projects, the related tests can be removed totally :)

Re: master branch has had the 'parrot' branch merged

Hi Paul,

      We can place these zip files in some site and make gradle download them before testing.

Re: master branch has had the 'parrot' branch merged

Graeme Rocher-2
Fantastic work guys

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Daniel Sun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
>       We can place these zip files in some site and make gradle download
> them before testing.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel.Sun

Graeme Rocher

Re: master branch has had the 'parrot' branch merged

paulk_asert
I should probably add that the GROOVY_2_6_X branch has had the backport merged and 2.6.0-snapshot versions are available in the snapshot repos for anyone wanting to play with the new parser on JDK7. Please try to keep that branch up to date whenever you commit something on master.

Thanks, Paul.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:18 PM, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
Fantastic work guys

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Daniel Sun <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>       We can place these zip files in some site and make gradle download
> them before testing.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel.Sun

Graeme Rocher