java 8 lambdas

Dierk König
Hi,

it may be a good idea to give our input to
the java 8 team on "GDK" methods with lamba SAMs,
in order to avoid conflicts/overlap with Groovy.

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/lambda-dev/2011-August/003919.html

cheers
Dierk

Re: java 8 lambdas

Travis Schneeberger
FYI.  These videos from the 2011 JVM language summit might be of interest.  There are a couple presentations by Brian Goetz on Virtual Extension Methods and Lambas.

http://medianetwork.oracle.com/media/show/16999

Based on these videos, it sounds like they will be moving ahead with virtual extension methods in Java 8.  One large usecase for this feature is adding to the collection apis (map, reduce, filter, etc.)  It would be pretty nice if those new methods aligned nicely with Groovy GDK.  Just another thing to keep an eye on.