head not building

tog

head not building

tog
Jochen,

I think your last modification in
           groovy/groovy-core/src/test/groovy/util/CliBuilderTest.groovy
did break the build. I got a new error in UTC3 (see below).

BTW I still have a problem on UTC4 regarding security.

cheers
tog

Testcase: testSample(CliBuilderTest):   Caused an ERROR^M
No such property: width for class: org.apache.commons.cli.HelpFormatter^M
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: width for class: org.apache.commons.cli.HelpFormatter^M
        at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.getProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:710)^M
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.Invoker.getProperty(Invoker.java:727)^M
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.getProperty (InvokerHelper.java:206)^M
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.getProperty(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:295)^M
        at CliBuilder.usage(CliBuilder.groovy:58)^M
        at gjdk.CliBuilder_GroovyReflector.invoke (Unknown Source)^M
        at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.invoke(MetaMethod.java:111)^M
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.MetaClassHelper.doMethodInvoke(MetaClassHelper.java:652)^M
        at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod (MetaClassImpl.java:343)^M
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:156)^M
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:104)^M
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethod (ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:85)^M
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeNoArgumentsMethod(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:175)^M
        at CliBuilderTest.testSample(CliBuilderTest.groovy:22)^M
^M
^M
Testcase: testMultipleArgs(CliBuilderTest):     FAILED^M
expected:<1> but was:<false>^M
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<1> but was:<false>^M
        at gjdk.CliBuilderTest_GroovyReflector.invoke (Unknown Source)^M
        at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.invoke(MetaMethod.java:111)^M
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.MetaClassHelper.doMethodInvoke(MetaClassHelper.java:652)^M
        at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod (MetaClassImpl.java:343)^M
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:156)^M
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:104)^M
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethod (ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:85)^M
        at CliBuilderTest.testMultipleArgs(CliBuilderTest.groovy:46)^M

Re: head not building

Blackdrag reenabled the Cli builder tests.
But they do still fail on some systems depending on the version of
commons-cli available.

So what should the correct version of commons-cli be?

On 3/9/06, tog <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<1> but
> was:<false>^M
>         at gjdk.CliBuilderTest_GroovyReflector.invoke
> (Unknown Source)^M
>         at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.invoke(MetaMethod.java:111)^M
>         at
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.MetaClassHelper.doMethodInvoke(MetaClassHelper.java:652)^M
>         at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod
> (MetaClassImpl.java:343)^M
>         at
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:156)^M
>         at
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:104)^M
>         at
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethod
> (ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:85)^M
>         at CliBuilderTest.testMultipleArgs(CliBuilderTest.groovy:46)^M

Dierk König
commons-cli-1.0.jar

may be candidate to jarjar (?)

I suspect there is some other jar that includes a
different version...

Mittie

Re: head not building

Guillaume Laforge schrieb:
> Blackdrag reenabled the Cli builder tests.
> But they do still fail on some systems depending on the version of
> commons-cli available.
>
> So what should the correct version of commons-cli be?

but why can the cli-version be a problem? I mean why is there more than
one in the classpath when the build is running?

bye blackdrag
tog

Re: head not building

tog
this is the one which is actually used on my system and fails.
cheers
tog

commons-cli-1.0.jar

may be candidate to jarjar (?)

I suspect there is some other jar that includes a
different version...

Mittie

tog

Re: head not building

tog
Jochen
My classpath is empty when executing maven so I guess it is using the information in maven.xml & project.xml. Am I right ?

cheers
tog

On 3/9/06, Jochen Theodorou <[hidden email]> wrote:
Guillaume Laforge schrieb:
> Blackdrag reenabled the Cli builder tests.
> But they do still fail on some systems depending on the version of
> commons-cli available.
>
> So what should the correct version of commons-cli be?

but why can the cli-version be a problem? I mean why is there more than
one in the classpath when the build is running?

RE: head not building

Dierk König
theoretically, if there are multiple jar files containing
cli, then one or the other may be used because the
build system is not picking up the jar files in a
guaranteed order.

Mittie

tog

Re: head not building

tog
Hi Jochen,
Thanks to your change in Security tests, I have no more error in UTC4. One pb still remains in UTC3 (cli)

cheers
tog