* close if the code hits a System.exit() call. (without saving the app).
* become un-closable / unresponsive with a silly-loop piece of code
* a swing app may continue to run (typically without any UI) – even after the console Closes
* cannot run a console based script (as the groovyConsole grabs the console first!)
* cannot specify command-line args – making it harder to test those types of script.
So I was wondering if it could be possible/desirable for groovyConsole to be enhanced to support a mode where the code runs in a separate jvm instance. I’m not sure what features would become ineffective
as a result – but it sure would be useful so it addresses all of the issues noted above.
PS. A regex tester feature in the Console sure would be handy too!
PPS – I am not offering to do this! I don’t have the skills.