[groovy-user] Groovy 1.0 is there!

Hello my very dear friends,

The Groovy developer team and myself are proud and delighted to
announce the final release of Groovy 1.0.

A lot of passion and energy has been put in this new version after two
release candidates that have been tested against real-world projects:
on a mission-critical insurance application, on the XWiki  2nd
generation wiki engine, as well as on the RIFE  framework and through
the Spring 2.0  scripting integration.

Groovy 1.0's distribution can be downloaded from the usual place:
http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/?C=M;O=D

The JARs should be in Maven's repositories soon, but in the meantime,
you can find them here:
http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/jars/?C=M;O=D

We hope you will enjoy this release as much as we enjoyed working on
it. Let me thank the whole Groovy team and all the past Groovy
committers for their hard work -- too many persons to name everybody!
Big thanks to all our users who have been helping us spot bugs, answer
questions on the lists, or contribute documentation and ideas. It's
been a wonderful experience to work with you all to deliver this
important milestone of the Groovy project.

On behalf of the whole team, I also seize this opportunity to wish you
all the best for this new year. May 2007 be a groovy year! If you
haven't used Groovy yet, make sure that learning Groovy is on your
list of resolutions for 2007! And if that's the case, and you wish to
learn Groovy or to dive deeper, you should certainly read "Groovy in
Action ", the Groovy reference book published by Manning:
http://groovy.canoo.com/gina

Re: [groovy-user] Groovy 1.0 is there!

Martin C. Martin-2
Congratulations!  Wow, the day is finally here.  :)

- Martin

Guillaume Laforge wrote:

> Hello my very dear friends,
>
> The Groovy developer team and myself are proud and delighted to
> announce the final release of Groovy 1.0.
>
> A lot of passion and energy has been put in this new version after two
> release candidates that have been tested against real-world projects:
> on a mission-critical insurance application, on the XWiki  2nd
> generation wiki engine, as well as on the RIFE  framework and through
> the Spring 2.0  scripting integration.
>
> Groovy 1.0's distribution can be downloaded from the usual place:
> http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/?C=M;O=D
>
> The JARs should be in Maven's repositories soon, but in the meantime,
> you can find them here:
> http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/jars/?C=M;O=D
>
> We hope you will enjoy this release as much as we enjoyed working on
> it. Let me thank the whole Groovy team and all the past Groovy
> committers for their hard work -- too many persons to name everybody!
> Big thanks to all our users who have been helping us spot bugs, answer
> questions on the lists, or contribute documentation and ideas. It's
> been a wonderful experience to work with you all to deliver this
> important milestone of the Groovy project.
>
> On behalf of the whole team, I also seize this opportunity to wish you
> all the best for this new year. May 2007 be a groovy year! If you
> haven't used Groovy yet, make sure that learning Groovy is on your
> list of resolutions for 2007! And if that's the case, and you wish to
> learn Groovy or to dive deeper, you should certainly read "Groovy in
> Action ", the Groovy reference book published by Manning:
> http://groovy.canoo.com/gina

Re: Groovy 1.0 is there!

Mansour Raad
Congrats Guillaume  and groovy team !

On Jan 2, 2007, at 6:16 PM, Guillaume Laforge wrote:

> Hello my very dear friends,
>
> The Groovy developer team and myself are proud and delighted to
> announce the final release of Groovy 1.0.
>
> A lot of passion and energy has been put in this new version after two
> release candidates that have been tested against real-world projects:
> on a mission-critical insurance application, on the XWiki  2nd
> generation wiki engine, as well as on the RIFE  framework and
> through
> the Spring 2.0  scripting integration.
>
> Groovy 1.0's distribution can be downloaded from the usual place:
> http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/?C=M;O=D
>
> The JARs should be in Maven's repositories soon, but in the meantime,
> you can find them here:
> http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/jars/?C=M;O=D
>
> We hope you will enjoy this release as much as we enjoyed working on
> it. Let me thank the whole Groovy team and all the past Groovy
> committers for their hard work -- too many persons to name everybody!
> Big thanks to all our users who have been helping us spot bugs, answer
> questions on the lists, or contribute documentation and ideas. It's
> been a wonderful experience to work with you all to deliver this
> important milestone of the Groovy project.
>
> On behalf of the whole team, I also seize this opportunity to wish you
> all the best for this new year. May 2007 be a groovy year! If you
> haven't used Groovy yet, make sure that learning Groovy is on your
> list of resolutions for 2007! And if that's the case, and you wish to
> learn Groovy or to dive deeper, you should certainly read "Groovy in
> Action ", the Groovy reference book published by Manning:
> http://groovy.canoo.com/gina
>
> --
> Guillaume Laforge
> Groovy Project Manager
> http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

Re: [groovy-user] Groovy 1.0 is there!

Daniel Hinojosa
Congratulations.  I'm personally going to push this new language to
everyone I know as best I can.
;)

Wish I could have some beer with you in Amsterdam!
Danno

Re: [groovy-user] Groovy 1.0 is there!

Jeremy Rayner
Dugg and Blogged