[groovy-user] Calling Groovy from Xalan?

[groovy-user] Calling Groovy from Xalan?

Ian Huynh-2
We are using Rhino javascript that is called from Xalan via BSF.

Groovy looks great! Is it possible to call into Groovy from Xalan
without compiling groovy code into java byte code?

Thanks

Re: [groovy-user] Calling Groovy from Xalan?

On 03/11/05, Ian Huynh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We are using Rhino javascript that is called from Xalan via BSF.
>
> Groovy looks great! Is it possible to call into Groovy from Xalan
> without compiling groovy code into java byte code?

Since Groovy supports BSF, there's no reason you can't do the same
thing with Groovy as well.
BSF let's you abstract your code from the scripting engine underneath.
JSR-223 has got a similar approach too and will probably soon
deprecate BSF as the default scripting engine abstraction -- and the
RI already supports Groovy as well.