[groovy-dev] Some problems flagged by Eclipse

[groovy-dev] Some problems flagged by Eclipse

Adrian Sampaleanu

Eclipse flags the following 2 problems (in current CVS HEAD):

The method compareTo(BigInteger) in the type BigInteger is not
applicable for the arguments (BigDecimal)
DefaultGroovyMethods.java groovy/src/main/org/codehaus/groovy/runtime
line 4406

The method compareTo(File) in the type File is not applicable for the
arguments (Object)
WritableFile.java groovy/src/main/org/codehaus/groovy/runtime line 103

Would someone care to fix them up?

Adrian

Re: [groovy-dev] Some problems flagged by Eclipse

tugwilson

On 17 Nov 2005, at 04:20, Adrian Sampaleanu wrote:

> Eclipse flags the following 2 problems (in current CVS HEAD):
>
> The method compareTo(BigInteger) in the type BigInteger is not
> applicable for the arguments (BigDecimal)
> DefaultGroovyMethods.java groovy/src/main/org/codehaus/groovy/runtime
> line 4406
>
> The method compareTo(File) in the type File is not applicable for the
> arguments (Object)
> WritableFile.java groovy/src/main/org/codehaus/groovy/runtime line 103
>

> Would someone care to fix them up?

This is odd.

I have don't have either of these methods in my version of DGM.
Eclipse claims that my source tree is up to date with CVS HEAD.

Can you do a synchronise and check  that what you are seeing is
what's in CVS HEAD?

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk

Re: [groovy-dev] Some problems flagged by Eclipse

Christian Stein
Adrian Sampaleanu wrote:
> Eclipse flags the following 2 problems (in current CVS HEAD):
 > [...]

Hi Adrian,

those problems are known - but they only show up with J5. For
compiling Groovy from sources, please install a JDK 1.4 an make
the Groovy project in Eclipse use it.

I'll commit the first patch for BigDecimal soon, but I don't
see a possible fix for the second error in Java 5.

Please comment here: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GROOVY-833

Cheers,
Christian

On 17 Nov 2005, at 07:15, John Wilson wrote:

> This is odd.
>
> I have don't have either of these methods in my version of DGM.
> Eclipse claims that my source tree is up to date with CVS HEAD.

Sorry I misread your message:)

I see it's the use of these methods not the declaration of them.

Sorry!

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk