[groovy-dev] Groovy Parser

Russel Winder
I have been hunting around the mail archive but clearly my search skills
are lacking just now.  When the decision was made to create an Antlr
grammer for Groovy instead of using the hand crafted grammar was there a
debate about pros and cons of LL(k) and LALR(k) [which basically means
using Antl or CoCo/R vs SableCC] as teh way to go for the Groovy parser?

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                +44 20 7585 2200

Re: [groovy-dev] Groovy Parser

Jochen Theodorou
Russel Winder schrieb:

> I have been hunting around the mail archive but clearly my search skills
> are lacking just now.  When the decision was made to create an Antlr
> grammer for Groovy instead of using the hand crafted grammar was there a
> debate about pros and cons of LL(k) and LALR(k) [which basically means
> using Antl or CoCo/R vs SableCC] as teh way to go for the Groovy parser?

I think that was around the last meeting and most discussion is probably
done in irc...
http://servlet.uwyn.com/drone/search?offset_channel=hausbot+-+%23groovy&offset_keyword=antlr&offset=600

you can also search for other parser generators, I'm sure you will find
the discussions.

bye blackdrag