[groovy-dev] Eclipse, Groovy and Maven

Russel Winder
I updated the groovy-core module in Eclipse but as Mavenide doesn't work
properly I know I have to manually run maven in the Eclipse workspace
and then refresh in Eclipse.  Can anyone remember the magic maven
incantation to do the right thing.  Is it as simple as "maven generate"?

Thanks.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                +44 20 7585 2200

Re: [groovy-dev] Eclipse, Groovy and Maven

On 22/11/05, Russel Winder <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I updated the groovy-core module in Eclipse but as Mavenide doesn't work
> properly I know I have to manually run maven in the Eclipse workspace
> and then refresh in Eclipse.  Can anyone remember the magic maven
> incantation to do the right thing.  Is it as simple as "maven generate"?

I usually just type "maven".

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 17:10 +0100, Guillaume Laforge wrote:
> On 22/11/05, Russel Winder <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I updated the groovy-core module in Eclipse but as Mavenide doesn't work
> > properly I know I have to manually run maven in the Eclipse workspace
> > and then refresh in Eclipse.  Can anyone remember the magic maven
> > incantation to do the right thing.  Is it as simple as "maven generate"?
>
> I usually just type "maven".

That tends to run a complete build, test and install.  Not quite what is
needed in an Eclipse context.  All I need is for whatever bits of the
Maven process are required to create something that Eclipse finds
acceptable as buildable.

The instructions on the Web site don't mention the "Maven Problem" -- I
will update the page just as soon as I am confident I know what I am
doing (which isn't just yet :-)

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                +44 20 7585 2200
41 Buckmaster Road              +44 7770 465 077
London SW11 1EN, UK             [hidden email]

Re: [groovy-dev] Eclipse, Groovy and Maven

On 22/11/05, Russel Winder <[hidden email]> wrote:
> That tends to run a complete build, test and install.  Not quite what is
> needed in an Eclipse context.  All I need is for whatever bits of the
> Maven process are required to create something that Eclipse finds
> acceptable as buildable.
>
> The instructions on the Web site don't mention the "Maven Problem" -- I
> will update the page just as soon as I am confident I know what I am
> doing (which isn't just yet :-)

If I want to avoid the tests to run for a quick build, I use:

maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true