Yet another dummy question

tog

Yet another dummy question

tog
I am working in the area of grid computing where the hype is about composing
(web) services. Obviously  there are standards for doing this BPEL is one of them.
I would like to have your advice on using Ant + Groovy for doing this, basically what
I need is something for executing workflows composed of  execution tasks and  data
management tasks on a set of distributed ressources. It may also have condition forks,
loops, .... The system should be able to handle errors nicely.
I know that Ant has parallel,  serial, sshexec tasks, there are some extensions for trycatch,
foreach, ... but this  is also handled by Groovy.
I may extend Ant for being able to handle batch scheduler tasks or WS tasks !
There is still an issue on data & identity management but this may be doable !

Do you think this is worth being tried or is there some more clever way of doing this  using
some other part of Groovy?

cheers
tog