[VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.1

paulk_asert

Dear development community,

I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 2.5.1 release!

This release fixes some issues with OSGi, packaging issues related to JDK9+
and some trait bugs that didn't make it in time for 2.5.0.
There are no API-level breaking changes but the packaging changes
are breaking for a small handful of users who will need to add groovy-jaxb
and/or groovy-bsf into their dependencies. The flip side is that many users
won't need to worry about --add-modules java.xml.bind which was causing
usability headaches for many users. Further details will be in the release notes.

This release includes 42 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the changelog:

Tag commit id: 5a5d254326d12639fad79451bd8ae39b1c82cbf6

The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r28027).

Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.5.1.

Reminder on ASF release approval requirements for PMC members:
Hints on validating checksums/signatures (but replace md5sum with sha256sum):

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.5.1
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.5.1 because...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.1

+1 (binding)

All tests ran fine.
My smoke tests with the Groovy Console as well.

Guillaume

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 3:08 PM Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Russel Winder-3
+1

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.1

sbglasius
+1 (not binding)

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 at 12:42 Russel Winder <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

> [ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.5.1
> [ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
> [ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.5.1 because...

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: <a href="tel:+44%2020%207585%202200" value="+442075852200" target="_blank">+44 20 7585 2200
41 Buckmaster Road    m: <a href="tel:+44%207770%20465077" value="+447770465077" target="_blank">+44 7770 465 077
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk
--

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen,

Søren Berg Glasius

Hedevej 1, Gl. Rye, 8680 Ry, Denmark
Mobile: +45 40 44 91 88, Skype: sbglasius

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.1

+1

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.1

Andres Almiray
Successful build from source.
Quite the number of codenarc, checkstyle, and spotbugs violations, some of them might have been reported already, however no showstoppers.

+1 (binding)

Java Champion; Groovy Enthusiast
JCP EC Associate Seat
http://andresalmiray.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aalmiray
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 3:07 PM, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the vote!

Yes, it would be good to be able to add exceptions to Spotbugs like excluding checking for serialVersionUID in our generated closures. In many classes, that is 50-90% of the spotbug errors.

+1 (binding)