[VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17

paulk_asert

Dear development community,

I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 2.4.17 release!

This release includes 4 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the changelog:

Tag commit id: edcd6c4435138733668cd75ac0d3342efb39dc05

The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r33919).

Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.4.17.

Reminder on ASF release approval requirements for PMC members:
Hints on validating checksums/signatures (but replace md5sum with sha256sum):

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.4.17 because...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17

Andres Almiray
Hi Paul,

The release notes is missing all the minor updates to AST transformations

Cheers,
Andres

Java Champion; Groovy Enthusiast
JCP EC Associate Seat
http://andresalmiray.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aalmiray
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17

+1 (binding)

All tests ran fine on my machine, and my usual smoke tests in the Groovy console went fine as well.

Guillaume

[...]

Apache Groovy committer

Building from source looks good -> https://gradle.com/s/opryaeza4evx2

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17

+1 (binding)

Here is the result of build scan:
https://gradle.com/s/j72ywyaymcvri

There is a failed test because of locale, so I think it is still OK to
release.

-----
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member
Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Apache Groovy committer & PMC member

Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

On 2019/05/06 13:08:16, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear development community,
>
> I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 2.4.17 release!
>
> This release includes 4 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the changelog:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12345028
>
> Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=groovy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/GROOVY_2_4_17
> Tag commit id: edcd6c4435138733668cd75ac0d3342efb39dc05
>
> The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r33919).
> Source release: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.4.17/sources
> Convenience binaries:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.4.17/distribution
>
> Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/KEYS
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.4.17.
>
> Reminder on ASF release approval requirements for PMC members:
> http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
> Hints on validating checksums/signatures (but replace md5sum with
> sha256sum):
> https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html
>
> The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
> three +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17
> [ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
> [ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.4.17 because...
>
> Here is my vote:
>
> +1 (binding)

+1 (binding)

Here is the result of build scan:
https://scans.gradle.com/s/j72ywyaymcvri

There is a failed test because of locale, but I think it is still OK to release.

Apache Groovy committer & PMC member

Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17

Daniel.Sun
As far as I remember, the locale issue has been fixed in master(See
"-Duser.language=en") and run well on my local machine:
https://github.com/apache/groovy/blob/master/gradle/test.gradle#L24

But the related fix is not merged into 2.4 branch.

Here is the JIRA ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-9107
And here is the fix:
https://github.com/apache/groovy/commit/108c23e253f8f82e21fe75daec5b608b456513b1

-----
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member
Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Apache Groovy committer & PMC member

Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17

Jan Lukavský

I know that it might be already a little late, but (if I didn't miss anything) nobody commented on PR [1].

Any chance it could make it into the planned release?

Thanks for comments,

Jan

[1] https://github.com/apache/groovy/pull/884

On 5/6/19 6:30 PM, Paul King wrote:
We should see if we can make our tests Locale independent if we can for next time. Can you at least log it in Jira.

Thanks.

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 2:19 AM Daniel.Sun <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1 (binding)

Here is the result of build scan:
https://gradle.com/s/j72ywyaymcvri

There is a failed test because of locale, so I think it is still OK to
release.

-----
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member
Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.17

Andres Almiray
Jan,

PR 884 targets master branch which stands for Groovy 3.
This release is for Groovy 2.4.7 which means the PR needs to be rebased and target the GROOVY_2_4_X branch.

Cheers,
Andres

Java Champion; Groovy Enthusiast
JCP EC Associate Seat
http://andresalmiray.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aalmiray
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi,