Upcoming RC release for 2.5.0

paulk_asert

I am hoping to do the first RC release of 2.5.0 late this week or next week. The plan being for a release in time for or during Greach. I still have a bunch of bugs on my list to be fixed before then, so I can't narrow it down more than that at this stage. Please work on any changes you want in for the release and any testing is greatly appreciated.

Re: Upcoming RC release for 2.5.0

Paolo Di Tommaso
The nextflow joint build is failing badly with the current snapshot :

It seems it's unable static compiled classes are unable to resolve extension methods such the ones defined in this class

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 12:41 PM, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am hoping to do the first RC release of 2.5.0 late this week or next week. The plan being for a release in time for or during Greach. I still have a bunch of bugs on my list to be fixed before then, so I can't narrow it down more than that at this stage. Please work on any changes you want in for the release and any testing is greatly appreciated.

Re: Upcoming RC release for 2.5.0

Paolo Di Tommaso
I've double checked this and the compilation fails also locally using `2.5.0-SNAPSHOT`.

I've managed to compile successfully using `2.5.0-beta-3` instead.

Cheers,
Paolo

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 2:29 PM, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

The nextflow joint build is still using 2.5.0-beta-3. I think it should use the 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT, right?

Cheers,
Paolo

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 9:12 PM, Paolo Di Tommaso <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I got caught up with conference activities and didn't finish all the bugs I wanted for RC1. Now that I'm back, I'll work on getting the RC1 release ready over the coming days.

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 9:41 PM, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am hoping to do the first RC release of 2.5.0 late this week or next week. The plan being for a release in time for or during Greach. I still have a bunch of bugs on my list to be fixed before then, so I can't narrow it down more than that at this stage. Please work on any changes you want in for the release and any testing is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Paul.