Quantcast

Spock script not compiling automatically in Spring MVC project which is using Eclipse IDE

Spock script not compiling automatically in Spring MVC project which is using Eclipse IDE

yssudhakar
I am working on a Spring based web project (Eclipse as IDE), in which we want to introduce integration testing framework using Spock. This project is based on Maven. For this purpose I have installed Greclipse plugin and converted the existing project to groovy nature. Also configured Maven to run the test classes in src/test/groovy folder, and everything working fine and all the spock tests are running fine with run "Maven test" phase. Configured the build path to compile the groovy test files to target/test-classes.

The problem is coming when I run the Spock tests using Run -> Run configuration. It runs file with Junit runner using run configuration, it is picking up the compiled test class from target/test-classes. Whenever I modify the Spock test script file, it is not automatically generating the classes, Run with Run Configuration is always picking up the old compiled class.

How to force the script to compile so that I don't always need to Maven clean and Maven test, to force it compile and run.

I have found in some other threads talking about modifying the Groovy compiler options to "Enable script folder Support", both checking and unchecking is of no use either. Its not forcing the Spock script to compile (also tried enabling the same option in Eclipse Preferences global Groovy compiler option)

Any help is greatly appreciated.