Quantcast

Remote Debugging Groovy in Eclipse

dsnitker
I'm interested in debugging Groovy running on a remote webserver using eclipse.  I have the plug-in installed, and am able to set breakpoints in my .Groovy file, and they seem to work fine.  The problem is that the source code isn't found, so I get a lovely error and access to my Source Lookup Path.  My .groovy file is in a directory in the source lookup path.

The only caveat is that I'm not precompiling the groovy code, but rather running interpretively (Java/Groovy hybrid webapp).  Is there any possibility that this confusing the debugger, or is there some further setup I need to do so that the debugger can find the .groovy file associated with the runtime?

Re: Remote Debugging Groovy in Eclipse

dsnitker
dsnitker wrote
The only caveat is that I'm not precompiling the groovy code
As a quick follow up, can the eclipse plugin be used with interpretive mode groovy?  This is the only lead I have right now, as all the java code I'm running is found in the debugger when connecting to the remote, only the groovy code has problems.