Re: New release of JCSP - (part of GPars) and groovyJCSP

Re: New release of JCSP - (part of GPars) and groovyJCSP

Russel Winder-3
On Thu, 2018-05-31 at 10:44 +0000, Kerridge, Jon wrote:
> The JCSP library (Communicating Sequential Processes for Java) is now
> available from the jcentre repository as follows:
>
> compile 'cspforjava:jcsp:1.1.0'
>
> The associated Github location is https://github.com/CSPforJAVA/jcsp
> .

Jon,

This is great news, my hacked org.codehaus.jcsp:jcsp:1.1-rc-5 from
2010-08-07 can now be properly forgotten. I'll test out using
cspforjava:jcsp:1.1.0 on a build of GPars 2.0 with Groovy 3 and JDK 10.

I wonder if the JCenter artefact should be copied over to Maven
Central?

[…]

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200

RE: New release of JCSP - (part of GPars) and groovyJCSP

Kerridge, Jon
Russel

I have yet to create a version of the library that is compiled for anything other than groovy-2.4.12 and jdk8.
The former because in other work I am doing I cannot use any version above groovy2.4.12 due to a bug I found.  JDK 8 because I am lazy and waiting for JDK 11 before doing any further recompilations in preparation for teaching!!

With regard your last point putting it onto Maven Central: I have never used that repo, putting it onto jcenter has taken a lot of effort because I was getting to grips with gradle and intellij as well.  Send me a hint or a web page that tells me how to do it please!!
Cheers
Jon

On Thu, 2018-05-31 at 10:44 +0000, Kerridge, Jon wrote:
> The JCSP library (Communicating Sequential Processes for Java) is now
> available from the jcentre repository as follows:
>
> compile 'cspforjava:jcsp:1.1.0'
>
> The associated Github location is https://github.com/CSPforJAVA/jcsp
> .

Jon,

This is great news, my hacked org.codehaus.jcsp:jcsp:1.1-rc-5 from
2010-08-07 can now be properly forgotten. I'll test out using
cspforjava:jcsp:1.1.0 on a build of GPars 2.0 with Groovy 3 and JDK 10.

I wonder if the JCenter artefact should be copied over to Maven Central?

[…]

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk
This message and its attachment(s) are intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied, disclosed, forwarded or relied upon by any person other than the intended addressee(s) without the permission of the sender. If you are not the intended addressee you must not take any action based on this message and its attachment(s) nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please respond to the sender and ensure that this message and its attachment(s) are deleted.

It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and its attachment(s) are scanned for viruses or other defects. Edinburgh Napier University does not accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from this message or its attachment(s), or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Emails entering Edinburgh Napier University's system are subject to routine monitoring and filtering by Edinburgh Napier University.

Edinburgh Napier University is a registered Scottish charity. Registration number SC018373

Re: New release of JCSP - (part of GPars) and groovyJCSP

Russel Winder-3
Jon,

> I have yet to create a version of the library that is compiled for
> anything other than groovy-2.4.12 and jdk8.
> The former because in other work I am doing I cannot use any version
> above groovy2.4.12 due to a bug I found.  JDK 8 because I am lazy and
> waiting for JDK 11 before doing any further recompilations in
> preparation for teaching!!

No problem. JDK10 and JDK11 (I'll try it as well) shouldn't (!) be a
problem for this code. Groovy 2.5, and 3.0 may be. Worth investigating.

> With regard your last point putting it onto Maven Central: I have
> never used that repo, putting it onto jcenter has taken a lot of
> effort because I was getting to grips with gradle and intellij as
> well.  Send me a hint or a web page that tells me how to do it
> please!!

You are already ahead of me. I have failed to publish anything to
JCenter or Maven Central since the demise of Codehaus, despite support
by Schalk Cronjé. I drifted away to D and Rust for some GTK+3/GStreamer
stuff, and haven't found the energy to try and actually publish Gant or
GPars despite the fact that both need it.

On Thu, 2018-05-31 at 15:06 +0000, Kerridge, Jon wrote:
> Russel
>
> I have yet to create a version of the library that is compiled for anything
> other than groovy-2.4.12 and jdk8.
> The former because in other work I am doing I cannot use any version above
> groovy2.4.12 due to a bug I found.  JDK 8 because I am lazy and waiting for
> JDK 11 before doing any further recompilations in preparation for teaching!!

I made the org.jcsp → jcsp change in the imports and all the code seems to
compile with JDK10. There are some non-CSP problems to fix before I can run
the tests, but it is looking good.

Is the CSP stuff in GPars ancient compared to what you have now? If it is,
should we contemplate a merge to update everything in GPars?

[…]
--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk

Re: New release of JCSP - (part of GPars) and groovyJCSP

Russel Winder-3
Jon,

On Thu, 2018-06-14 at 12:06 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:

[…]
> I made the org.jcsp → jcsp change in the imports and all the code seems to
> compile with JDK10. There are some non-CSP problems to fix before I can run
> the tests, but it is looking good.

Forgot to say, with Groovy 2.5.0.