Re: Groovy Champions proposal feedback

Jochen Theodorou
hi all,

I was thinking a while about all this and all the problems involved here
and I want to show an alternative.

Apache Groovy Community Award

Name surely to be changed. The idea is to give a nominal award for what
they did in the past. Somebody getting this award will get this for a
reason, which is to be stated.

Since it is no title like "champion" and since we can give a description
of the reasons the award will be always specific, it is not a title you
carry around your lifetime and all of that. Maybe a person could be
awarded multiple times, but that is then to decide. That means there
will be no discussions about revoking the championship, or for how long
this is granted. Also I think the award leaves better space for a good
naming. Also we can give commit access along with it, which may or may
not be taken, but then includes the official ASF way of recognizing people.

what do you guys think?

Re: Groovy Champions proposal feedback

Daniel Sun
+1

Maybe adding a specific year will be better, e.g. Apache Groovy Community
Award 2018

Revoking championship may make champions disappointed...

Re: Groovy Champions proposal feedback

...and, of course, the

Apache Groovy Community Lifetime Achievement Award

;-)

Like the name, +1 (again) on tying the award to a specific year, don't
think that mixing commit access with the award makes sense (as in
programming: Keep things single purpose - nobdy wants to be fat, be it
class or human ;-) )