RAT Unapproved License Error when building

RAT Unapproved License Error when building

Yazad Khambata
Hi,

When I run the build on a branch of my fork, the build fails RAT
errors. It indicates there are 24 files that have an unapproved
license. Turns out these are all files in the test-output directory
(per the HTML generated report).

Unapproved Licenses:
/<<MY BASE LOCATION>>/groovy/subprojects/groovy-testng/test-output/Command
line suite/Command line test.html
/<<MY BASE LOCATION>>/groovy/subprojects/groovy-testng/test-output/Command
line suite/Command line test.xml
/<<MY BASE LOCATION>>/groovy/subprojects/groovy-testng/test-output/Command
line suite/testng-failed.xml

How does one exclude them from build?

Regards,
Yazad Khambata

Regards,
Yazad Khambata

Re: RAT Unapproved License Error when building

Yazad Khambata
Hi,

Thank you Paul for the note.

I looked for the settings for a while in gradle and online, but I
guess I am missing something obvious.

For now I was able to unblock myself, but using the -x switch and
suppressing the rat task,

./gradlew clean build -x rat

If anyone finds the solution or has any pointers to this issue, please
share on this thread.

Regards,
Yazad Khambata

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm on holidays without laptop but from memory there is a list of exclusions
> when we call the rat gradle plugin. But in this case we should possibly try
> to configure testng so that test-output appears under target. Then an
> existing exclusion should work.
>

> On 3 Jul. 2017 5:15 am, "Yazad Khambata" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I run the build on a branch of my fork, the build fails RAT
>> errors. It indicates there are 24 files that have an unapproved
>> license. Turns out these are all files in the test-output directory
>> (per the HTML generated report).
>>
>> Unapproved Licenses:
>> /<<MY BASE LOCATION>>/groovy/subprojects/groovy-testng/test-output/Command
>> line suite/Command line test.html
>> /<<MY BASE LOCATION>>/groovy/subprojects/groovy-testng/test-output/Command
>> line suite/Command line test.xml
>> /<<MY BASE LOCATION>>/groovy/subprojects/groovy-testng/test-output/Command
>> line suite/testng-failed.xml
>>
>> How does one exclude them from build?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Yazad Khambata

Re: RAT Unapproved License Error when building

jwagenleitner
I changed the test to redirect the TestNG test-output directory and place it under the target directory, so it should work to re-enable the rat task.

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 10:16 PM, Yazad Khambata <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you Paul for the note.

I looked for the settings for a while in gradle and online, but I
guess I am missing something obvious.

For now I was able to unblock myself, but using the -x switch and
suppressing the rat task,

./gradlew clean build -x rat

If anyone finds the solution or has any pointers to this issue, please
share on this thread.

Regards,
Yazad Khambata

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm on holidays without laptop but from memory there is a list of exclusions
> when we call the rat gradle plugin. But in this case we should possibly try
> to configure testng so that test-output appears under target. Then an
> existing exclusion should work.
>

> On 3 Jul. 2017 5:15 am, "Yazad Khambata" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I run the build on a branch of my fork, the build fails RAT
>> errors. It indicates there are 24 files that have an unapproved
>> license. Turns out these are all files in the test-output directory
>> (per the HTML generated report).
>>
>> Unapproved Licenses:
>> /<<MY BASE LOCATION>>/groovy/subprojects/groovy-testng/test-output/Command
>> line suite/Command line test.html
>> /<<MY BASE LOCATION>>/groovy/subprojects/groovy-testng/test-output/Command
>> line suite/Command line test.xml
>> /<<MY BASE LOCATION>>/groovy/subprojects/groovy-testng/test-output/Command
>> line suite/testng-failed.xml
>>
>> How does one exclude them from build?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Yazad Khambata

Re: RAT Unapproved License Error when building

Yazad Khambata
Thank you John.