Old Groovy Stuff on Maven2

jn0rthr
Have found this old groovy download package on maven2:

http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/groovy/groovy-all/1.1-BETA-1/

and wonder if we have any responsibility to remove obsolete items like this ?

Re: Old Groovy Stuff on Maven2

Cédric Champeau
I see no good reason to remove any published artifact from a public repository. This would cause more troubles than benefits (I look at you, npm!).

Have found this old groovy download package on maven2:

http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/groovy/groovy-all/1.1-BETA-1/

and wonder if we have any responsibility to remove obsolete items like this
?

Re: Old Groovy Stuff on Maven2

jnorthr
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Old Groovy Stuff on Maven2

Russel Winder-3
On Mon, 2017-01-09 at 12:14 +0100, Jim Northrop wrote:
> Ok, so basically, we let sleeping dogs lie. ✅☺️

I think the policy has always been anything on Maven Central stays in
Maven Central. Ignoring the quasi-"double entendre", if a release has
been made it is never revoked – even releases that should perhaps never
have been releases.

--
Russel.