Quantcast

Moving Groovy to a Foundation

Moving Groovy to a Foundation – Dear community, Dear foundation representatives, We all love Groovy and it is important for us to secure its future. You all have been r...
Hi everyone I've long lurked and been a keen user of Groovy. I'd like to add to this conversation by offering my assistance. My background: ...
Jumping on the Apache choice, there are still some issues we want to clarify or better understand: What does the IP clearance process imply? W...
Hi! as a very quick introduction: I've been a Groovy fan (and lurker) for quite some time, used it in number of my projects (Apache Bigtop, H...
Am 13.02.2015 18:38, schrieb Roman Shaposhnik: [...] > Why should that be a problem for you guys? IOW, is there a strong > reason to keep...
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@...> wrote: > [...] > >> Now, to answer your question: the o...
Am 14.02.2015 03:59, schrieb Emmanuel Lecharny: [...] > The real problem, and both Groovy and Apache - or any project, btw - are > facing...
On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@...> wrote: > Am 14.02.2015 03:59, schrieb Emmanuel Lecharny: > [...]...
Am 14.02.2015 20:05, schrieb Emmanuel Lecharny: [...] > Ok, at this point, I won't claim it's perfect, it's not. But the > ...
On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 2:26 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@...> wrote: > Am 14.02.2015 20:05, schrieb Emmanuel Lecharny: > [...]...
I have additional questions regarding source code if we move to Apache. First of all, it seems that the board *recommendation* is to remove the ...
On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Cédric Champeau <cedric.champeau@...> wrote: > I have additional questions regarding source code if...
On 25/02/2015 20:30, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote: > > > On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Cédric Champeau > <cedric.champeau@... &l...
On 25/02/2015 3:21 PM, Cédric Champeau [via Groovy] wrote: > Right, so in this case I am not a big fan of this. Especially with > "s...
Am 25.02.2015 21:51, schrieb mmilinkov: [...] > FWIW, Eclipse seems to go in the opposite direction than the ASF on this > topic. If we g...
On 26/02/2015 4:47 AM, Jochen Theodorou [via Groovy] wrote: > While I find that better than what seems to be the Apache way at the > momen...
Mike, it is surprising that we have much less questions for the eclipse side, than for the apache side, but many things apply to both and the...
On 26/02/2015 12:10 PM, Jochen Theodorou [via Groovy] wrote: > The biggest issue we have is keeping the commit history. You said we can > ...
Hello Mike, do you have more information in how the projects in Eclipse can handle crowdfunding and funding in general? I was reading about...
On 26/02/2015 5:35 PM, Paco Zarate [via Groovy] wrote: > do you have more information in how the projects in Eclipse can handle > crowdfu...
Personal experiences with former Apache board member and Apache... I have my Grails plugin licensed under an APACHE license and I have spoke t...
Seems like the experience has been with not Apache at all, but someone associated w/ Apache. Big difference. For the life of me, I can'...
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 11:45 AM, jimjag <jimjag@...> wrote: > owen Rubel wrote > > Personal experiences with former Apache boa...
Ah, they do play up their Apache connections a lot though. The principals are on the Apache Axis PMC: http://wso2.com/apache/ Jim On Fr...
Yes. Yes they do. In fact, you might be fooled into thinking they were a former board member like I was :) Owen Rubel 415-971-0976 orubel@.....
For the foundation (Apache/Eclipse) guys, i would have another question: One of the concerns that I had with any project joining a Foundation (...
On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 9:23 PM, Paco Zarate <contacto@...> wrote: > For the foundation (Apache/Eclipse) guys, i would have another qu...
By the way, it seems right that the github "mirror" repo for Groovy might better remain as is, instead of having groovy on github hoste...
Am 16.03.2015 16:21, schrieb Thibault Kruse: > By the way, it seems right that the github "mirror" repo for Groovy > might bette...
The reply did say if the pull request was done in the "git way" that the PR would be automatically closed. I am hoping that means if it'...
Am 16.03.2015 16:54, schrieb Winnebeck, Jason: > The reply did say if the pull request was done in the "git way" that the PR would b...
Yes, auto-close works if the PR is merged as-is (which would be the "github way"), either via github or by adding the commits without ...
Manual closing is not a problem, we do that already (for some squashed commits or cherry picks for example). The issue is more if we cannot cl...
Am 16.03.2015 16:46, schrieb Jochen Theodorou: > Am 16.03.2015 16:21, schrieb Thibault Kruse: >> By the way, it seems right that the gi...
On 03/03/2015 3:27 PM, Paco Zarate [via Groovy] wrote: > Do you do some tasks to identify stalled projects? We have all sorts of metrics t...
@jimjag Well since it was an Apache license and this person had associations with Apache as they run several Apache projects, I took it up with ...
Just to be clear: behavior like you're describing is definitely not tolerated within Apache projects - that is, projects that are hosted at the Ap...
He claimed to be a former board member in one of his emails to me. Thanks for the clarification. Owen Rubel 415-971-0976 orubel@... On Fr...
Hi, I will let Mike answer more precisely but I can give you my feedback. My company Obeo created an OpenSource project several years ago, a...
Am 26.02.2015 23:15, schrieb mmilinkov: > On 26/02/2015 12:10 PM, Jochen Theodorou [via Groovy] wrote: >> The biggest issue we have is ...
<this is my personal take on the @author tag and why it's useless, not the ASF one/> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 9:19 PM, Cédric Champeau &l...
The question of whether a recommendation to use @author or not is useful does not belong here IMO, it is off-topic. The question was merely whet...
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 1:45 AM, Thibault Kruse <tibokruse@...> wrote: > The question of whether a recommendation to use @author or not...
The only "issues" with @author tags are that (1) they get stale, and after a period of time, they are either inaccurate or misleading an...
Thanks Thibault. Indeed Wicket's setup seems to be exactly what we want. Did you have to sign an icla before your commit was accepted? Th...
I don't think I ever signed a CLA for Wicket. Also it is not specified as a required step for contributing: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/...
Signing an iCLA is only required (at Apache) once a person get's voted in as a committer; in Apache-speak, this means someone who can directly cha...
As a followup, in cases where a committer takes someone's outside contribution (say via a pull request) and then actually applies it, then it ...
Individuals must sign an iCLA before any Apache committer accounts will be granted. You also need to get voted in as a committer on some specific...
Thank you Shane for the detailed explanation. I think what was unclear to Paul and us, is whether an *author* in the Git vocabulary needs to s...
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Thibault Kruse <tibokruse@...> wrote: > The question of whether a recommendation to use @author or ...
Why is it that authors can’t be tracked in the Apache git? That does seem odd, I thought one of the cool things about git is that it finally separ...
The Apache board discourages, but does not prohibit @author tags in your code. So that would be up to the project to decide if you want to contin...
The page at http://www.apache.org/dev/writable-git links to a rationale at http://www.sunstarsys.com/essays/git-and-non-repudiation that basically...
Everything you said makes total sense. So I take back my concerns about attribution, it seems that this thread just went off into miscommunication...
Excellent, the answer from Marvin didn't make it to the ML somehow, but it is very clear. Seems we're good on that side then. On 26/02/2015 1...
Am 25.02.2015 22:16, schrieb Winnebeck, Jason: > The page at http://www.apache.org/dev/writable-git links to a rationale at http://www.sunstar...
The pages at sunstarsys are not authoritative for Apache policy; they were just a good explanation from an Apache member and past Infra team contr...
On 26/02/2015 5:30 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote: > > On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Cédric Champeau <cedric.champeau@... <mailto:ce...
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Paul King <paulk@...> wrote: > On 26/02/2015 5:30 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote: > >> >...
The main concern is IP provenance and ensuring that we (Apache) can truly determine the heritage of where code and patches come from. With DVCSs l...
I think this is being made into a bigger deal than it is. The requirement to only push on Apache Git makes sense. It doesn't break the DVCS model,...
I think there is some confusion about the difference between what the ASF means by release vote and what others mean by a release vote. An Apac...
Mike, not really continuing your last mail, just to stay in the thread... some more questions surfaced in the meantime: 1) We could no longer...
Apache OpenOffice would be a good example for you to examine. They continue to use openoffice.org. I don't know for certain, but I would e...
Am 17.02.2015 16:50, schrieb mkienenb: > Jochen Theodorou wrote >> 1) We could no longer use groovy-lang.org and would have to forward ...
Is it possible to the Groovy project to be helped by both SFConservancy and Apache Foundation at the same time? From this thread, I understand...
Am 18.02.2015 05:15, schrieb Paco Zarate: > Is it possible to the Groovy project to be helped by both SFConservancy > and Apache Foundatio...
On 2/18/15 4:57 AM, Jochen Theodorou [via Groovy] wrote:... > For me the ASF is all about independence and community. A bit > contradictin...
On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 9:14 AM, ShaneCurcuru <asf@...> wrote: > As for the suggestion of an ASF/SFC crossover, that's interesting, al...
hmmm I am re-reading the thread and seems like it would be helpful to clarify the PMC role in Apache Projects. Apache guys, please correct m...
Yep. Well, kind of. The PMC Chair is no more or less than a regular PMC member who is tasked w/ submitting the reports to the board and b...
Thank you Jim, Shane and Greg. It is really interesting to know how ASF works! So the PMC Chair is also a VP (Vice President) of the Apache Fo...
LOL, no, VPs are not on the board. The ASF is a Delaware chartered membership corporation: there is a 9 member board elected annually. The board...
jajaja good to know! So the PMC Chair will be part of the officer group in the Apache Foundation as a "Vice President of Project" ro...
When a community chooses to join Apache, they present a proposal to the Apache Incubator: https://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html ...
Close, but not quite. The PMC is made up of individuals who have binding votes on project releases, and on adding new committers or PMC members t...
See some answers below… Disclaimer - I don’t speak officially for Apache, but I used to be PMC chair for Apache River. Cheers, Greg T...
Of course, it all depends on what sort of directed funds one is talking about. As far as swag for conferences, etc, that is not an issue, as n...
Am 18.02.2015 12:15, schrieb jimjag: > Jochen Theodorou wrote >> it is indeed. ASF suggests using a third party for this. > > O...
Yes. This is a CORE tenet of Apache. It's what allows projects to continue even when corporate interests wither and die, since the developer i...
One other thing to take into consideration is that these developers have put the majority of time and effort into these projects and have the la...
I'm not sure where that concern came from... it's certainly not applicable to the ASF in any way.
One other thing to take into consideration is that these developers have put the majority of time and effort into these projects and have the la...
Am 18.02.2015 15:25, schrieb jimjag: > Jochen Theodorou wrote >> I think it is just a different view. For you maybe a developer is >...
On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 3:25 PM, jimjag <jimjag@...> wrote: > Jochen Theodorou wrote > > I think it is just a different view. F...
On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@...> wrote: Am 18.02.2015 12:15, schrieb jimjag: > > If one is talk...
Not an exaggeration, but a complete misrepresentation :)
> On Feb 17, 2015, at 1:17 PM, LiQun Li <liqlee@...> wrote: > > Can anyone help me remove my email address from this mailing-l...
> On Feb 17, 2015, at 1:39 PM, Jeff Scott Brown <jbrown@...> wrote: > > >> On Feb 17, 2015, at 1:17 PM, LiQun Li <l...
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 4:50 PM, mkienenb <mkienenb@...> wrote: > The ASF values a healthy community over > technical development. ...
This is exactly how the PMC operates at Apache. The PMC members are the "core developers" and the PMC decides the direction of the p...
Found this comment on reddit: https://medium.com/@shanecurcuru/its-groovy-to-join-a-foundation-4145732b4ec1 not quite sure why anyone would wr...
Sorry - I posted the original essay on my blog(s) because most of the points there are more general, and will be applicable to various other open...
Am 17.02.2015 19:12, schrieb ShaneCurcuru: [...] > As noted elsewhere in this thread, openoffice.org is something of an > exception. For...
Sorry - I posted the original essay on my blog(s) because most of the points there are more general, and will be applicable to various other open ...
Maybe because the author isn't a Groovy user and therefore doesn't subscribe to this email list? On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 7:28 AM, Thibault Kru...
As I have setup the new release process for Groovy, let me explain how it works and how it differs from the one at Apache. As an introduction, ...
There is variety within the ASF projects regarding release process. However, the key aspect which is important is that the release of a codebase i...
Am 15.02.2015 10:26, schrieb Cédric Champeau: [...] > From what I understood, Apache only cares about sources, so it should > theoricall...
On 15/02/2015 11:11, Jochen Theodorou wrote: > Am 15.02.2015 10:26, schrieb Cédric Champeau: > [...] >> From what I understood, Ap...
Am 15.02.2015 11:41, schrieb Cédric Champeau: > On 15/02/2015 11:11, Jochen Theodorou wrote: >> Am 15.02.2015 10:26, schrieb Cédric Cha...
On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 8:05 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@...> wrote: >> We may release too often for that. And the usually invol...
That is a pretty abstract direction and I think focusing on concrete examples to focus discussion is a good thing. One way to evaluate whether ...
Am 14.02.2015 23:24, schrieb Jim White: [...] > > 2) External Dependencies. > > Here are the external jars in lib for Groovy 2.4....
On Sun, 2015-02-15 at 03:32 +0100, Jochen Theodorou wrote: […] > > commons-cli-1.2.jar Apache Commons CLI […] > > If you boil i...
Am 19.02.2015 16:50, schrieb Russel Winder: > [...] If Apache > cannot support another CLI library because it has this one, then their &g...
Yes, this is true not only in theory, but in practice. We have multiple servlet containers/app servers, multiple JPA implementations, and pr...
another question pops up now... groovy would obviously aim for a top-level project, but there are in the short or long term other projects mo...
Fundamentally, the purpose of Incubation at Apache is to ensure that the core contributors - i.e. the people listed on the proposed PMC for the pr...
I just got aware of groovy searching for a new home and did not follow all the messages to this topic. I just wanted to let you know that there...
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@...> wrote: > another question pops up now... > > groovy would ...
Hi all, Apache Commons committer here jumping in the discussion :) Don't worry the Apache Commons project has many active developers able t...
On Thu, 2015-02-19 at 13:27 -0700, Emmanuel Bourg wrote: > […] Hi Emmanuel, it's been a while. I trust you are well. > Regarding Co...
Am 19.02.2015 21:27, schrieb Emmanuel Bourg: > Jochen Theodorou wrote >> I am interested in how an apache project that has no active co...
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 7:44 PM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@...> wrote: > [...] > > And yes I ought to get back to working o...
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Russel Winder <russel@...> wrote: > commons-cli has all the appearances of a dead project. I and a few ...
On Thu, 2015-02-19 at 17:03 +0100, Thibault Kruse wrote: > On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Russel Winder <russel@...> wrote: > >...
The Apache Software Foundation doesn't have "one true" version of anything. ASF projects are free to compete in the same space. ...
I don't think it makes much sense to list those dependencies. Lots of them are optional or module specific. It the question is "is Groovy a...
One thing that I don't see mentioned ANYWHERE is which of these has the greatest chance of splintering and/or maintaining community. With a mov...
On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Jim White <james.paul.white@...> wrote: > As for the idea that because Groovy is a duck-typed dynam...
On 15/02/2015 00:32, Thibault Kruse wrote: > On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Jim White > <james.paul.white@... <mailto:james.paul...
On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 9:07 PM, Thibault Kruse <tibokruse@...> wrote: > On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 8:05 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elech...
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@...> wrote: > Am 13.02.2015 18:38, schrieb Roman Shaposhnik: > [...] ...
Am 14.02.2015 22:33, schrieb Roman Shaposhnik: [...] > You could still maintain Groovy as part of the original org being a fork/mirror > ...
On 14/02/2015 6:25am, Jochen Theodorou wrote: > Right now a release basically works like this. Ideally we announce an upcoming release a bit b...
Am 14.02.2015 04:04, schrieb Aristedes Maniatis: [...] > I'd like to clarify something here about levels of responsibility within Apache. The...
On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@...> wrote: > Am 14.02.2015 04:04, schrieb Aristedes Maniatis: > [......
It is great news that an Apache Foundation veteran would be on board for incubating Groovy into Apache. I'm no expert on such matters but I beli...
As a user, this is encouraging to hear about the support the team could expect. Some thoughts: I think it is perfectly reasonable to change Gro...
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Guillaume Laforge <glaforge@...> wrote: > Jumping on the Apache choice, there are still some issues ...
On 13/02/2015 16:03, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote: > > > On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Guillaume Laforge > <glaforge@... <mai...
As a quick aside: I have used Groovy quite a bit, and even have a patch or 2 in the official repo. Lately, I've been more a user, but I'd like to ...
There are quite a few ASF projects which had releases from their pre-Apache days (Subversion, SpamAssassin, etc...) and it's no problem keepin...
The ASF is just starting the investigation into the effects and ramifications of accepting "targeted" donations. In general, the ide...
I’ve been thinking about the package name change thing. It would seem that a good solution would be to provide an upgrade utility that went throu...
It's not that simple. Some applications embed Groovy to support user scripting. Users would need to refactor their scripts for a new version of ...
Changing packages isn't something to take lightly, and it's not something we want to do just during a migration process to a foundation. We migh...
I agree that it is not something to take lightly. However, for some of your audience, it wouldn’t be that hard. As I implied in my response, the...
It would be a solution at the source level, but not binary level. For example existing libraries compiled with Groovy would break. I think we ...
So is it a voting process or you guys just did a PSA for us users to know?
I have been traveling this week, and have completely dropped the ball on this thread. But I see that my friends at the ASF have been helping you g...
Am 18.02.2015 19:29, schrieb mmilinkov: [...] > * I assert that there is not much of a difference between Apache and Eclipse > in terms o...
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 10:52 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@...> wrote: > Am 18.02.2015 19:29, schrieb mmilinkov: > [...] >...
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@...> wrote: > > > On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 10:52 AM, Jochen The...
Am 19.02.2015 11:52, schrieb Emmanuel Lecharny: [...] > ... and Apache are just fully ready to help you through this adapation > phase, w...
Am 19.02.2015 11:50, schrieb Emmanuel Lecharny: [...] > Jochen, consider the OpenOffice project: it wasn't exactly a project > with no hi...
I would suggest that Eclipse's requirement to reset the project history and abandon old versions of Groovy make it a complete non-starter. Suppor...
@Keith Suderman - I second that.
RE: Moving Groovy to a Foundation – Are we missing some part of the rationale here - that is, is there a bigger consequence missing for the move to a foundation? I don't understand w...
Re: Moving Groovy to a Foundation – On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 7:39 PM, Winnebeck, Jason < Jason.Winnebeck@...> wrote: > Are we missing some part of the rationale here – t...
Let me preface what I offer with I trust you three to make a good choice and you won't hear me complain, whatever you decide. It's seems like ...
On 11 Feb 2015, at 18:28, Keith Suderman <suderman@...> wrote: I would suggest that Eclipse's requirement to reset the project history an...
Have you considered what the other projects at Codehaus are doing ? (I don't know if there is any other active project there). Can you explain wh...
Re: Moving Groovy to a Foundation – I don't really follow the not-providing-infrastructure problem. Why should a successful open source project need any own/maintained infrastructur...
> Mailing list? Nothing what Google Groups or STO can replace. > > And what if Google decides to shutdown groups? It's not as if they w...
Grails also moved to GG. Sent while mobile. > Am 12.02.2015 um 11:36 schrieb Dinko Srkoč <dinko.srkoc@...>: > >> On 12 ...
True. But it is also true that Google more than once has shut down one of their free services, even though many thousands have used it (see their...
I was going to say the same thing as Vladimír :) I read Cédric's first email like this: SFConservancy has almost no drawbacks, Eclipse has a l...
Regarding Eclipse we have ongoing discussions with regards to the full reset, apparently it could be possible not to do it, even though I fail to...
On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Cédric Champeau <cedric.champeau@...> wrote: > And there's also the problem of whether sources/binar...
Just to be even more clear, the reason behind the requirement that the ASF repo be the canonical/reference repo is due to the legal ramifications ...
I think that removing history and not supporting old releases is too big of a price to pay, so for those reasons I would lean against the Eclipse ...
As I told Cedric and others in the private conversation beforehand, we (the Eclipse Foundation) understand the need for Groovy to maintain its...
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 3:30 PM, mmilinkov <mike.milinkovich@...> wrote: > kyleboon wrote > > I think that removing history an...
I should also point you guys at the links to how to bring a project into the ASF: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html I for one...
to add on what Cedric said Am 11.02.2015 17:29, schrieb Cédric Champeau: [...] > * The Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache....
did not twig that there would be a package name change from org.codehaus :-P On 12/02/15 13:13, Jochen Theodorou wrote: > to add on what ...
Not necessarily mandatory though, so not necessarily a limiting factor here in this discussion. On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 1:32 PM, jim northrop ...
Indeed, for instance the Apache OFBiz project has kept its "org.ofbiz" domain name when it became a TLP 9 years ago and did not change i...
What if someone else grabs codehaus.org at some point in time and *requires* you to change it? You have to bite the bullet at sometime and make th...
Renaming packages is a completely breaking change. Both source *and* binary compatibility would be lost, third-party tools might stop working. I'...
While package renaming is a breaking change, there are ways to mitigate/minimize the impact. Groovy could ship a "groovy-compat" library...
My point is that by creating a real, community-based environment, ala the ASF, then you are creating a safe, level playing field where more co...
That's a shame because by building a larger, healthy community around a project is exactly the way to avoid the situation Groovy has found its...
Cédric, It seems that you and the team have already decided on moving to the Software Conservancy. I do agree that it would make an excellent h...
According to the start of thread by Cedric, the discussion is open so it seems to be no choice has been yet done. Regards Jeff On Thu, Feb...
Agreed, no decision has been made yet at all. Wiping the history and past versions was a no-go, but as Mike mentioned, in our previous discussio...
In my opinion, if you want to secure the future of this project first you must secure it's past. That's why Eclipse Foundation unfortunetely is t...
By the way, do you have any plan to start a donation center or something like that? I'm pretty sure a lot of people are willing to help (me ...
No concrete plan yet, as it could also depend on where the project is going. Some foundations can accept donations on our behalf, others not. Ot...
On 12/02/2015 18:32, Guillaume Laforge wrote: > No concrete plan yet, as it could also depend on where the project is > going. > Some...
On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 5:38 PM, Schalk Cronjé <ysb33r@...> wrote: > On 12/02/2015 18:32, Guillaume Laforge wrote: > >> No ...
On 12/02/2015 18:49, Guillaume Laforge wrote: > > On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 5:38 PM, Schalk Cronjé <ysb33r@... > <mailto:ysb33r@....
Well, going the Eclipse "working group" route, may not necessarily mean reseting the past, so let's not rule out Eclipse yet! On Thu...
Mike, To be very clear: we *did not* choose anything. I don't have a strong opinion myself, even though from my perspective Conservancy has le...
Have you looked at the Outercurve Foundation? It is basically a "foundation in a box" and extremely lightweight, but is a 501(c)6. L...
Hi, I am not the Groovy team, nor a member of any foundation. I think you guys (the Groovy Team) are in the best position to choose what's righ...
Hi all, Just some "business acceptance" thoughts: * The *license *is extremely important. Businesses need to be able to de...
You should spend some time assigning weights to each of your requirements and clearly noting how each of these choices meet (or don’t meet) those ...
Conservancy would be thrilled to get an application (you can also do this while you pursue other options in parallel). Infrastructure is dealt wit...
Re: Moving Groovy to a Foundation – On 11/02/2015 17:47, KARR, DAVID wrote: > > You should spend some time assigning weights to each of your > requirements and clearly n...
Hello, I prefer the Software Freedom Conservancy for the following reasons (in no particular order) : * I see no problems with current gove...
One important thing : The ASF provides a legal umbrella. That means each individual is protected and cannot be sued intuitu personae. Not necess...