Java survey, show your Groovy love ;-)

I just spotted this Java survey:

They donate money to Devoxx4Kids if they have enough respondents.

You can mention your preferred programming language (Groovy!), build tool (Gradle!), web framework (Grails!), testing tool (Spock!), code quality tool (Codenarc!), etc :-)

In case you want to show your love ;-)

Re: Java survey, show your Groovy love ;-)

Daniel.Sun
I choose groovy ;-)

Apache Groovy committer

Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Re: Java survey, show your Groovy love ;-)

Russel Winder-3
On Sat, 2018-05-12 at 10:51 -0400, Keegan Witt wrote:
> It's unfortunate it won't let you choose multiple primary application
> languages, I think it's often an app is a mix of Java and Groovy.

There are so many assumptions explicit and implicit in the questions that
there is essentially no usefulness at all to the results: the results will be
biased to meet some agenda of the setter of the poll.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200

Re: Java survey, show your Groovy love ;-)

Wilson MacGyver
honestly the poll looks like a attempt to get a list of email address for security/audit consulting  :)

On Sun, 2018-05-13 at 12:46 -0400, Wilson MacGyver wrote:
> honestly the poll looks like a attempt to get a list of email address for
> security/audit consulting  :)

The author of the survey assures me there is no hidden agenda to the survey.

With the GDPR going in to force 2018-05-25 such surveys will not be allowed to
be used for address harvesting without explicit consent. But that is 11 days
away. On the other hand I trust the person releasing the survey.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk

Re: Java survey, show your Groovy love ;-)

Also on Twitter I've seen mentioned that it's also in collaboration with Java Magazine.
So not just for one company's secret agenda (but Oracle's too)

And in any case, if it shows Groovy being well represented, it's good for the project :-)

Guillaume