Indy-only support for Groovy 4 not 3?

paulk_asert

We have spoken previously about combining the classic and indy jars for Groovy 3 (using a bit of simplification around the word "combining"). To date, we haven't done anything but some incomplete spikes for this task. I am suggesting we now target this work for Groovy 4. Adding further module support (Groovy 4) will no doubt require further indy bytecode and it might make sense to focus on that all together. Groovy 3 is usable in its current form, so pushing the indy re-work until later will let us bring out Groovy 3 sooner.

Any thoughts?

Re: Indy-only support for Groovy 4 not 3?

Daniel Sun
Agreed.

Moreover, we should implement PIC before enabling indy by default.

Re: Indy-only support for Groovy 4 not 3?

Let's get 3 out sooner than later. So Indy shouldn't push 3 further.

Le dim. 19 mai 2019 à 16:36, Daniel Sun <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Agreed.

Moreover, we should implement PIC before enabling indy by default.

Re: Indy-only support for Groovy 4 not 3?

Daniel Sun
I wish more Groovy users could benefit from the new features of Groovy 3 by
the end of 2019.

P.S.  the new Parrot parser is about 3 years old now... Time flies...