Indentation Checks in Groovy code

rsom@certifydatasystems.com
I am using CodeNarc and it is a great tool. It helps with a lot of checks.
One thing that I miss is being able to ensure that indentation in files is correct. Is there any codenarc extension that does this? Alternately is there any project that does this that I can integrate into my build system?

My project is a grails codebase, but I don't mind hacking up a plugin if there is a project that can check indentation.

R,
rahul

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Indentation Checks in Groovy code

Alex Anderson
On 24 April 2013 21:38, Rahul Somasunderam <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am using CodeNarc and it is a great tool. It helps with a lot of checks.
> One thing that I miss is being able to ensure that indentation in files is correct. Is there any codenarc extension that does this? Alternately is there any project that does this that I can integrate into my build system?
>
> My project is a grails codebase, but I don't mind hacking up a plugin if there is a project that can check indentation.

I don't have any suggestions but would be interested if you find a solution.

RE: Indentation Checks in Groovy code

chris.mair-2

>> I am using CodeNarc and it is a great tool. It helps with a lot of checks.

>> One thing that I miss is being able to ensure that indentation in

>> files is correct. Is there any codenarc extension that does this?

There is currently no CodeNarc rule(s) to check this. You can open a feature request, preferably providing some more detail on what you mean by correct indentation:

http://sourceforge.net/p/codenarc/feature-requests/

Or even better, implement the new rule yourself:

http://codenarc.sourceforge.net/codenarc-developer-guide.html

And then submit a pull request on GitHub:

https://github.com/CodeNarc/CodeNarc

There is also a CodeNarc Users mailing list for further discussion:

Re: Indentation Checks in Groovy code

rsom@certifydatasystems.com
<base href="x-msg://146/">Thanks!

I've put in a feature request. I'll see if I'm able to implement this rule.

R,
rahul