Help with task: Groovydoc improved comment extraction

Help with task: Groovydoc improved comment extraction

Emilian Bold
I would like to help out with the task listed at https://helpwanted.apache.org/task.html?6afc5096

I've only briefly explored the code, but it seems to me SimpleGroovyClassDocAssembler#getJavaDocCommentsBeforeNode() is called with the ANTLR 2.7.7 parsers JavaRecognizer and GroovyRecognizer which produce org.codehaus.groovy.antlr.GroovySourceAST trees.

Parrot will produce org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ASTNode trees.

So the issue isn't just about changing getJavaDocCommentsBeforeNode and using the comment node (assuming we have EXTRACTING_DOC_COMMENT_ENABLED).

SimpleGroovyClassDocAssembler must more or less be rewritten for the Parrot parser.

--emi