Help with task: Groovy Console cosmetic enhancement to about info

Help with task: Groovy Console cosmetic enhancement to about info

jacek musial

Hello World, Apache team!

I would like to help out with the task listed at https://helpwanted.apache.org/task.html?8cf9cf3f

I have created personal jira account on http://issues.apache.org/jira, nickname is "912d", and account name is same as my real name, which is"Jacek Musiał".

Well, there are other task related to my skills at https://helpwanted.apache.org/#hwrtable,

but as for starters I feel this one could be good enough.

I wish you all the best,

Jacek Musiał

Re: Help with task: Groovy Console cosmetic enhancement to about info

paulk_asert
Hi Jacek,

Thanks for the offer of help. Have a read of the contribute link referenced in the help wanted app. Let us know if you need any additional pointers. The easiest way to contribute will be via a github pull request (PR) which means a github account as well as the Apache Jira account.

Testing for this example is probably going to involve building the console (./gradlew installGroovy) and trying out the binary under install/bin/groovyConsole
(on Windows you don't need the ./ in front of gradlew and swap backslash for slash in the directory reference).
For good measure, once you have finished do a gradlew testAll to make sure no tests were broken by your changes before creating the PR.

Cheers, Paul.