Groovy Web Console - Groovy version

eric.milles
In trying out some Groovy 2.5 examples, I noticed that the Groovy Web Console at https://groovyconsole.appspot.com/ is running Groovy 2.4.4 (confirmed by 'GroovySystem.version' property).  Could this deployment be updated to Groovy 2.5.0?  Is there a way to indicate and possibly select other Groovy versions for this app?

Also, the Groovy 2.5.0 documentation (http://docs.groovy-lang.org/docs/groovy-2.5.0/html/documentation/) has no section for the new @NamedVariant AST transform.  There are a few variations of this transform and I did not find much help in the Javadocs or release notes beyond the most basic case.

Re: Groovy Web Console - Groovy version

It's indeed an old version of the Groovy runtime.
I'll try to update it next week with the latest and greatest Groovy :-)

At GR8Conf, I was mentioning the idea of a Groovy web console with the ability at some point to select the version of groovy one wants to use.
That might be handy.