Groovy 2.5.1 planning

paulk_asert

Hi everyone,

Even though I still have plenty of bugs on my "would like to fix before next release" list,
I'd like to release a 2.5.1 fairly soon. This is mostly to do with 2.5.0 inadvertently breaking
our OSGi support [1] but also based on usability feedback I have moved Groovy's recently
introduced JAXB extension methods into their own optional module [2]. This is a breaking
change in that anyone using those extension methods will now need to add the groovy-jaxb
dependency into their build if they were previously relying on getting it from the groovy-all
"fat" pom. Given that it was only introduced in 2.5.0, the number of affected users should
be small. But the upside is that most users won't need to worry about using
'--add-modules javax.xml.bind' or similar dependency tweaks when running on JDK9+
to fix up the planned breakage introduced by those JDK versions.

Feedback welcome.

cheers, Paul.