Without really thinking, I was running the Gant tests. I had two fails.
I fixed them despite thinking WTF regarding the DOM pretty printing.
However on then realising I was running on Azul-9, I then ran on Azul-8
and the new tests failed, the original tests passed. So Groovy 2.4.14
running on Azul-8 behaves differently to Groovy 2.4.14 on Azul-9.
These are the fails of Gant master/HEAD using "gradle
gant_groovy2.4:test on Azul-8, they work fine an Azul-9.
gant.targets.tests.Maven_Test > testCompileTargetInDirectoryOtherThanTheCurrentBuildDirectory FAILED
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError at Maven_Test.groovy:62
org.codehaus.gant.tests.XMLProcessing_Test > testMikeNooneyXMLExampleToEnsureNoProblemWithXMLJars FAILED
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure at XMLProcessing_Test.groovy:56
The problem in
testCompileTargetInDirectoryOtherThanTheCurrentBuildDirectory is not
actually a problem since it is just a breaking change JDK8 → JDK9. I am
in the middle of making the test compliant. However the problem in
testMikeNooneyXMLExampleToEnsureNoProblemWithXMLJars seems somewhat
bizarre. I would like the Azul-9 behaviour to be an aberration, since
the fix for the DOM pretty printing is bizarre. I really want to roll
back on that change.
So the issue in
// final versionNumber = System.getProperty('java.version').split('\\.') // Azul-9
final versionNumber = System.getProperty('java.version').split('\\.') // Azul-8
the change is the numbering in the property, not an error.
However in testMikeNooneyXMLExampleToEnsureNoProblemWithXMLJars: