Grapplet @ groovy-contrib repo

aalmiray
Hi guys, I've uploaded the grapplet project to the groovy-contrib repo as well.
As with wingsbuilder I used 'groovy-contrib' as the maven group and the url for
each project is

http:/groovy.codehaus.org/WingSBuilder
http:/groovy.codehaus.org/Grapplet

but clearly I think those values should change to reflect the fact that those
projects belong to the contrib section, any ideas?

-- Andres

Re: Grapplet @ groovy-contrib repo

Well done!

On 8/1/07, Andres Almiray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys, I've uploaded the grapplet project to the groovy-contrib repo as
> well.
> As with wingsbuilder I used 'groovy-contrib' as the maven group and the url
> for
> each project is
>
> http:/groovy.codehaus.org/WingSBuilder
> http:/groovy.codehaus.org/Grapplet
>
> but clearly I think those values should change to reflect the fact that
> those
> projects belong to the contrib section, any ideas?

Which values should change?

Re: Grapplet @ groovy-contrib repo

Sounds great!

Perhaps the maven groupId should be org.codehaus.groovy-contrib?

Paul.

Andres Almiray wrote:

> Hi guys, I've uploaded the grapplet project to the groovy-contrib repo as
> well.
> As with wingsbuilder I used 'groovy-contrib' as the maven group and the url
> for
> each project is
>
> http:/groovy.codehaus.org/WingSBuilder
> http:/groovy.codehaus.org/Grapplet
>
> but clearly I think those values should change to reflect the fact that
> those
> projects belong to the contrib section, any ideas?
>
> -- Andres

Re: Grapplet @ groovy-contrib repo

aalmiray
I was referring to the url values as I think those should not be the final ones.
Besides creating a trunk for both projects, I'll also update the groupId as suggested
by Paul.

glaforge wrote
Well done!

On 8/1/07, Andres Almiray <aalmiray@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi guys, I've uploaded the grapplet project to the groovy-contrib repo as
> well.
> As with wingsbuilder I used 'groovy-contrib' as the maven group and the url
> for
> each project is
>
> http:/groovy.codehaus.org/WingSBuilder
> http:/groovy.codehaus.org/Grapplet
>
> but clearly I think those values should change to reflect the fact that
> those
> projects belong to the contrib section, any ideas?

Which values should change?

Re: Grapplet @ groovy-contrib repo

aalmiray
Hi Guillaume,

I'm wondering how should I handle the documentation of wingsbuilder and grapplet.
Should these projects be listed along other modules as GroovySOAP for example?

-- Andres

glaforge wrote
Well done!

On 8/1/07, Andres Almiray <aalmiray@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi guys, I've uploaded the grapplet project to the groovy-contrib repo as
> well.
> As with wingsbuilder I used 'groovy-contrib' as the maven group and the url
> for
> each project is
>
> http:/groovy.codehaus.org/WingSBuilder
> http:/groovy.codehaus.org/Grapplet
>
> but clearly I think those values should change to reflect the fact that
> those
> projects belong to the contrib section, any ideas?

Which values should change?

Re: Grapplet @ groovy-contrib repo

Hi Andres,

Yes, the documentation should be on the wiki with a module parent page
which is a child of the module list page -- if that's clear since it's
3am here and I can't sleep.

Tog suggests we provide some common template for the module pages, in
order to organize them a bit better:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/GroovySOAP

I'm open to ideas on this.

On 8/2/07, Andres Almiray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> I'm wondering how should I handle the documentation of wingsbuilder and
> grapplet.
> Should these projects be listed along other modules as GroovySOAP for
> example?
>
> -- Andres
>

> glaforge wrote:
> >
> > Well done!
> >
> > On 8/1/07, Andres Almiray <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi guys, I've uploaded the grapplet project to the groovy-contrib repo as
> >> well.
> >> As with wingsbuilder I used 'groovy-contrib' as the maven group and the
> >> url
> >> for
> >> each project is
> >>
> >> http:/groovy.codehaus.org/WingSBuilder
> >> http:/groovy.codehaus.org/Grapplet
> >>
> >> but clearly I think those values should change to reflect the fact that
> >> those
> >> projects belong to the contrib section, any ideas?
> >
> > Which values should change?
> >
> > --
> > Guillaume Laforge
> > Groovy Project Manager
> > http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

Re: Grapplet @ groovy-contrib repo

aalmiray
Looking at both versions of GroovySoap docs I think that the
template should provide the following info (the order of sections
may change if needed)

*Summary
   *Introduction
   *Project Admin
   *Project Info
       * SVN
       * JIRA (if contrib gets its own issue tracker)
   *Keywords
*Building
*Installing
*Getting Started
*More Information

What do you think ?

glaforge wrote
Hi Andres,

Yes, the documentation should be on the wiki with a module parent page
which is a child of the module list page -- if that's clear since it's
3am here and I can't sleep.

Tog suggests we provide some common template for the module pages, in
order to organize them a bit better:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/GroovySOAP

I'm open to ideas on this.

Re: Grapplet @ groovy-contrib repo

Sounds good to me!

On 8/2/07, Andres Almiray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looking at both versions of GroovySoap docs I think that the
> template should provide the following info (the order of sections
> may change if needed)
>
> *Summary
>    *Introduction
>    *Project Admin
>    *Project Info
>        * SVN
>        * JIRA (if contrib gets its own issue tracker)
>    *Keywords
> *Building
> *Installing
> *Getting Started
> *More Information
>
> What do you think ?
>

> glaforge wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andres,
> >
> > Yes, the documentation should be on the wiki with a module parent page
> > which is a child of the module list page -- if that's clear since it's
> > 3am here and I can't sleep.
> >
> > Tog suggests we provide some common template for the module pages, in
> > order to organize them a bit better:
> > http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/GroovySOAP
> >
> > I'm open to ideas on this.

Re: Grapplet @ groovy-contrib repo

aalmiray
Alright! now about the wiki url on docs.codehaus.org
I'm assuming there is some magic on the main url
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/<Page>
which will map it to
http://groovy.codehaus.org/<Page>

If so, should the urls in the wiki be

a) http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Modules/<ModuleName>
b) http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Contrib/<ModuleName>

allowing the parent url to have a list of existing modules with a brief
description of what each one is.

glaforge wrote
Sounds good to me!

On 8/2/07, Andres Almiray <aalmiray@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Looking at both versions of GroovySoap docs I think that the
> template should provide the following info (the order of sections
> may change if needed)
>
> *Summary
>    *Introduction
>    *Project Admin
>    *Project Info
>        * SVN
>        * JIRA (if contrib gets its own issue tracker)
>    *Keywords
> *Building
> *Installing
> *Getting Started
> *More Information
>
> What do you think ?
>

> glaforge wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andres,
> >
> > Yes, the documentation should be on the wiki with a module parent page
> > which is a child of the module list page -- if that's clear since it's
> > 3am here and I can't sleep.
> >
> > Tog suggests we provide some common template for the module pages, in
> > order to organize them a bit better:
> > http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/GroovySOAP
> >
> > I'm open to ideas on this.

Re: Grapplet @ groovy-contrib repo

Hi Andres,

On 8/2/07, Andres Almiray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Alright! now about the wiki url on docs.codehaus.org
> I'm assuming there is some magic on the main url
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/<Page>
> which will map it to
> http://groovy.codehaus.org/<Page>

Yup, it's automatic through Codehaus' "Unity" templating system.

> If so, should the urls in the wiki be
>
> a) http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Modules/<ModuleName>
> b) http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Contrib/<ModuleName>
>
> allowing the parent url to have a list of existing modules with a brief
> description of what each one is.

I don't think it's possible to have subpath-URL (or I don't know what
they're called).
When I speak about parent/child relationship, it's really just the
fact that a page is below another one as recognized by Confluence, and
we see that in the breadcrumb in the templated website as well.