GMavenPlus First Beta Available

keegan
As many of you know, the 2.0 release of GMaven is removing support for project compilation (though it continues to support script execution and tools).  While many have found that the Groovy-Eclipse compiler plugin for Maven suits their needs well (and I certainly recommend it for anyone that has had issues with generated stubs), there are a few things I don't like about the approach.  One of the most pressing being (for me anyway) that invokedynamic is not yet supported.  To address my concerns with this approach, I created GMavenPlus.  I'm pleased to announce that I've released the first beta of this project today.

I want to stress that I'm not trying to tell anyone the tool they should use or that one tool is superior in every way to others.  GMavenPlus is meant to provide another option to those that have chosen Maven as their build tool, and for whom the Groovy-Eclipse plugin doesn't meet their needs.  For those uncertain about what tool to use, I've tried to do an unbiased comparison of the options here (including Gradle) -- please let me know if I've misrepresented anything.

While my request for a home on Codehaus (including Jira and Confluence) hasn't completely gone through yet, they have given me a repository to push artifacts to, and this is where the beta has been released to.  Once the home has been setup on Codehaus, the parts that will move are the wiki and the issues.  The source will continue to be hosted on GitHub.
Keep an eye on GitHub for the latest news regarding this project.  I don't have a mailing list yet, but I have no intention of hijacking this list (at least beyond this post to try to spread the word).

Please give it a try and let me know any issues you encounter (either via email [directly, not to the list] or as an issue in GitHub).

Oh, and in case the mail list pulls out the links I put in the email, here's the main link to the project: https://github.com/groovy/GMavenPlus/wiki/News

-Keegan

Re: GMavenPlus First Beta Available

Andrew Eisenberg
Congratulations!  Looks like you have done some great work with
improvements to gmaven.