Quantcast

GMaven Still Current?

johnrellis
Hey,

Hope all is well in the groovy world :)

I need to do a fairly quick Groovy project and I need to use maven for my building/dependencies.

Just a quick question, is the process described here for GMaven still the way to go???

Or has it been superseded?

If I had more time I would of course learn gradle.

Many thanks!

John Rellis

Re: GMaven Still Current?

Guillaume Laforge-4
I think those details are still the way to go.

That said, just this week, I had to modify a Maven-based project using
GMaven, and I had issues with GMaven and Maven 3.
I then switched to use the Groovy Eclipse Maven plugin, and things
just worked out of the box:
http://groovy.codehaus.org/Groovy-Eclipse+compiler+plugin+for+Maven

Guillaume

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 17:14, John Rellis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Hope all is well in the groovy world :)
>
> I need to do a fairly quick Groovy project and I need to use maven for my
> building/dependencies.
>
> Just a quick question, is the process described here for GMaven still the
> way to go???
>
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GMAVEN/Building+Groovy+Projects
>
> Or has it been superseded?
>
> If I had more time I would of course learn gradle.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> --
> John Rellis

http://www.springsource.com/g2one

Re: GMaven Still Current?

johnrellis
Hey Guillaume, thanks for the info.  Maybe I'll just do the project with eclipse if I run into issues.

Many thanks again!   Owed many beers by now! :)

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think those details are still the way to go.

That said, just this week, I had to modify a Maven-based project using
GMaven, and I had issues with GMaven and Maven 3.
I then switched to use the Groovy Eclipse Maven plugin, and things
just worked out of the box:
http://groovy.codehaus.org/Groovy-Eclipse+compiler+plugin+for+Maven

Guillaume

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 17:14, John Rellis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Hope all is well in the groovy world :)
>
> I need to do a fairly quick Groovy project and I need to use maven for my
> building/dependencies.
>
> Just a quick question, is the process described here for GMaven still the
> way to go???
>
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GMAVEN/Building+Groovy+Projects
>
> Or has it been superseded?
>
> If I had more time I would of course learn gradle.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> --
> John Rellis

http://www.springsource.com/g2one

John Rellis

Re: GMaven Still Current?

johnrellis
Got it all working with Maven2 in the end, with Gmock, which is awesome too!

I was getting an error relating to " tried to access field org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass "

I removed the gmaven-runtime from the pom and it seemed to fix it.  Not sure if there's any adverse side effects but just in case someone hits this it might be worth removing it from the POM.

               dependency>
<groupId>org.codehaus.gmaven.runtime</groupId>
<artifactId>gmaven-runtime-default</artifactId>
<scope>test</scope>
<version>1.0-rc-3</version>
</dependency>

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM, John Rellis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Guillaume, thanks for the info.  Maybe I'll just do the project with eclipse if I run into issues.

Many thanks again!   Owed many beers by now! :)

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think those details are still the way to go.

That said, just this week, I had to modify a Maven-based project using
GMaven, and I had issues with GMaven and Maven 3.
I then switched to use the Groovy Eclipse Maven plugin, and things
just worked out of the box:
http://groovy.codehaus.org/Groovy-Eclipse+compiler+plugin+for+Maven

Guillaume

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 17:14, John Rellis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Hope all is well in the groovy world :)
>
> I need to do a fairly quick Groovy project and I need to use maven for my
> building/dependencies.
>
> Just a quick question, is the process described here for GMaven still the
> way to go???
>
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GMAVEN/Building+Groovy+Projects
>
> Or has it been superseded?
>
> If I had more time I would of course learn gradle.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> --
> John Rellis

http://www.springsource.com/g2one

John Rellis

John Rellis

Re: GMaven Still Current?

John Stoneham
If anyone's still fighting with this - I spent time setting up a new Maven project with groovy-eclipse-compiler, which worked well, but I was attempting to use Groovy 1.7.x - this required me to make sure I registered the same groovy-eclipse-batch under both the compiler plugin's dependencies section AND the dependencies section of the POM.