Ecplise Plugin: Closure Syntax Highlighting is beeing overwritten

Ecplise Plugin: Closure Syntax Highlighting is beeing overwritten

textamoebe
Hello all,

I'm using Ecplise Juno with the Groovy Plugin and it works very well.
But I am missing the closure syntax highlighting since I moved from Eclipse Gallileo to Juno.

Closures such as hashtable.each{... should be blue colored, but are black. When I start ecplise and a groovy class is opened, the methods are blue for a second and then swich back to black.

Window>Preferences>Groovy>Editor is set to its defaults. It seems that the Groovy-Editor settings are being overwritten by something else.

So, does anyone have an idea, or is that a common eclipse issue?
Thanks for any hints.

Regards,
~textamoebe

Re: Ecplise Plugin: Closure Syntax Highlighting is beeing overwritten

Andrew Eisenberg
Can you share a screenshot?

sorry fot that late reply!

Re: Ecplise Plugin: Closure Syntax Highlighting is beeing overwritten

Andrew Eisenberg
I see what you mean now.  I forgot when we added the feature, but the
editor now provides semantic highlighting (and inherits many of the
preferences from Java) so that static members are italicized, fields
are shown with a blue tinge, etc.  This overrides the lexical
highlighting that was in older versions of Groovy-Eclipse.  If you
want the old behavior, go to Preferences -> Groovy -> Editor and
uncheck "Enable semantic highlighting..." at the bottom.

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 7:15 AM, textamoebe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> sorry fot that late reply!
>
> <http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/file/n5716025/Unbenannt.png>

Re: Ecplise Plugin: Closure Syntax Highlighting is beeing overwritten

textamoebe
Great, thank you for your reply.
I got the old behaviour back!