Eclipse Plugin update site

Uwe Hartl
Hello,

can somebody update the eclipse plugin update site
(http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/update/), please? As i can see
in the list, there was a lot of work in the last time and the site has 7/11
as the last version.

Thanks a lot

Uwe

[groovy-user] Re: Eclipse Plugin update site

Scott Hickey-3
I have published the latest version of the plugin on the update site and tested the update site with clean installations of Eclipse 3.1.2 and Eclipse 3.2.0 .

The latest plugin has preliminary versions of code browsing and code-assist. These features are by no means complete. Thank you Edward and James for taking the initiative in these two difficult areas.

Note that the plugin now defaults to placing the compiled class files in a directory separate from the default project output directory. This should make it easier to manage Java and Groovy source in the same project where Java classes are callling Groovy classes. Thanks James.

Scott

Re: [groovy-user] Re: Eclipse Plugin update site

Uwe Hartl
Thanks Scott,

the outline stopped working, is this a known bug? The code completion works
like a charm, as far as I tested in 3 minutes. Thanks you very much.

The browsing is the F3 function to jump to the method, correct? It does not
seem to work for me. I say something about "Open Declaration did not complete
successfully. Please see log for more information. In the log I find the
following:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2006-09-05 23:08:34.606
!MESSAGE "Open Declaration" did not complete normally.  Please see the log for
more information.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2006-09-05 23:08:34.606
!MESSAGE Index: 0, Size: 0
!STACK 0
        at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:507)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.codebrowsing.DeclarationSearchAssistant.getProposals(DeclarationSearchAssistant.java:175)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.codebrowsing.actions.OpenDeclarationAction.doAction(OpenDeclarationAction.java:27)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.editor.actions.EditingAction.run(EditingAction.java:45)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:254)
        at org.eclipse.ui.commands.ActionHandler.execute(ActionHandler.java:185)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerWrapper.execute(LegacyHandlerWrapper.java:109)
        at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:461)
        at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:424)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:160)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.executeCommand(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:466)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.press(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:799)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.processKeyEvent(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:846)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.filterKeySequenceBindings(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:564)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.access$3
(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:506)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard$KeyDownFilter.handleEvent(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:122)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.filterEvent(Display.java:1329)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1084)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1109)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1094)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendKeyEvent(Widget.java:1121)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.gtk_key_press_event(Widget.java:655)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.gtk_key_press_event(Control.java:2082)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.gtk_key_press_event(Composite.java:637)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.windowProc(Widget.java:1434)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:3784)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._gtk_main_do_event(Native Method)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.gtk_main_do_event(OS.java:5245)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.eventProc(Display.java:1126)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._g_main_context_iteration(Native Method)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.g_main_context_iteration(OS.java:1427)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2826)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1914)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:95)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

May be it is the same issue as with the outline? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks

Uwe

Scott Hickey wrote

Scott

--- Uwe Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Scott,
>
> the outline stopped working, is this a known bug?
> The code completion works
> like a charm, as far as I tested in 3 minutes.
> Thanks you very much.

The outline is working fine for me. Usually, this
doesn't work if there is a compile error in the file
or something is preventing the project from compiling.

> The browsing is the F3 function to jump to the
> method, correct? It does not
> seem to work for me. I say something about "Open
> Declaration did not
> complete
> successfully. Please see log for more information.
> In the log I find the
> following:
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2006-09-05 23:08:34.606
> !MESSAGE "Open Declaration" did not complete
> normally.  Please see the log
snip

> May be it is the same issue as with the outline? Did
> I do something wrong?

It's possible that it's related to the outline error.
I haven't done troubleshooting yet with the code browsing.

Scott

Re: [groovy-user] Re: Eclipse Plugin update site

Uwe Hartl
Hmm,

it does not show any compile problem and the program runs fine, too. - strange

Thanks
Uwe

Scott Hickey wrote
The outline is working fine for me. Usually, this
doesn't work if there is a compile error in the file
or something is preventing the project from compiling.

> The browsing is the F3 function to jump to the
> method, correct? It does not
> seem to work for me. I say something about "Open
> Declaration did not
> complete
> successfully. Please see log for more information.
> In the log I find the
> following:
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2006-09-05 23:08:34.606
> !MESSAGE "Open Declaration" did not complete
> normally.  Please see the log
snip

> May be it is the same issue as with the outline? Did
> I do something wrong?

It's possible that it's related to the outline error.
I haven't done troubleshooting yet with the code browsing.

Scott

Re: [groovy-user] Re: Eclipse Plugin update site

Edward Povazan
I have some little fixes to commit and I will check on this one too soon.
-Ed

Uwe Hartl wrote:

> [...]
>
> Thanks
>
> Uwe
>

> Scott Hickey wrote:
>> I have published the latest version of the plugin on the update site and
>> tested the update site with clean installations of Eclipse 3.1.2 and
>> Eclipse 3.2.0 .
>>
>> The latest plugin has preliminary versions of code browsing and
>> code-assist. These features are by no means complete. Thank you Edward and
>> James for taking the initiative in these two difficult areas.
>>
>> Note that the plugin now defaults to placing the compiled class files in a
>> directory separate from the default project output directory. This should
>> make it easier to manage Java and Groovy source in the same project where
>> Java classes are callling Groovy classes. Thanks James.
>>
>> Scott

[groovy-user] Re: Eclipse Plugin update site

Russel Winder
On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 13:31 -0700, Scott Hickey wrote:
> I have published the latest version of the plugin on the update site and tested the update site with clean installations of Eclipse 3.1.2 and Eclipse 3.2.0 .

I found I had to look for a new feature rather than update a current
feature to get this update, is this right?

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                +44 20 7585 2200

Re: [groovy-user] Re: Eclipse Plugin update site

Uwe Hartl
Hi Scott,

what does trigger the recompilation of the sources? If I delete all *.class files and start eclipse afterwards, I get an error message "....class not found". I can do a Project->clean, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Previously the compilation worked, too. As of now, the sources do not get compiled at all, I have to compile everything externally with groovyc to be able to run the program.

I don't want to switch back because of the code completion and the {}-matching.

Can yu provide a little "HowTo" please? Possibly directly on the wiki?

Thanks
Uwe

Scott Hickey wrote

--- Uwe Hartl <uwe.hartl@gmx.net> wrote:

> Thanks Scott,
>
> the outline stopped working, is this a known bug?
> The code completion works
> like a charm, as far as I tested in 3 minutes.
> Thanks you very much.

The outline is working fine for me. Usually, this
doesn't work if there is a compile error in the file
or something is preventing the project from compiling.

> The browsing is the F3 function to jump to the
> method, correct? It does not
> seem to work for me. I say something about "Open
> Declaration did not
> complete
> successfully. Please see log for more information.
> In the log I find the
> following:
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2006-09-05 23:08:34.606
> !MESSAGE "Open Declaration" did not complete
> normally.  Please see the log
snip

> May be it is the same issue as with the outline? Did
> I do something wrong?

It's possible that it's related to the outline error.
I haven't done troubleshooting yet with the code browsing.

Scott

Re: [groovy-user] Re: Eclipse Plugin update site

Justin Forder
Russel Winder wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 13:31 -0700, Scott Hickey wrote:
>> I have published the latest version of the plugin on the update site and tested the update site with clean installations of Eclipse 3.1.2 and Eclipse 3.2.0 .
>
> I found I had to look for a new feature rather than update a current
> feature to get this update, is this right?

I found the same (Eclipse 3.1.1).

regards

   Justin