Does 3.0.0-beta-3 have modularization support ?

Does 3.0.0-beta-3 have modularization support ?

Tommy Svensson
Hello,

I was under the impression that the 3.0* version branch of Groovy was supporting Java 9+ modularisation. Is that incorrect ?

module-info.groovy is not recognised and I find nothing about modularisation in the docs.

Googling on this has not helped either.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tommy

Re: Does 3.0.0-beta-3 have modularization support ?

Tommy Svensson
Hmm …

src/
    main/
        /groovy
            Something.groovy
            …
src/
    main/
        /java
            module-info.java

Seems to work! Is that how you are supposed to do it ? Is it maybe not worth the effort to provide a module-info.groovy ?

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy

Re: Does 3.0.0-beta-3 have modularization support ?

Daniel.Sun
Groovy 3 has not been modularized, modularization is targeted to Groovy
4(alpha will be released soon).

Support writing module-info file in Groovy is in our TODO list.

Groovy 3 eliminates most of illegal access warnings generated by Java9+.

-----
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member
Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Apache Groovy committer & PMC member

Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Re: Does 3.0.0-beta-3 have modularization support ?

Tommy Svensson
OK, I see.

Thank you!

/Tommy