Difference between groovy FileName vs java FileName commands

Difference between groovy FileName vs java FileName commands

Robert K
Hi,
If I compile test.groovy, it will give me test.class
I can run the test.class by executing the command groovy test
I can also run the same test.class by doing a java -classpath.... test

Whats the difference between the two?

Are they both being run against the JVM?

Re: Difference between groovy FileName vs java FileName commands

Marcelo Fukushima
On 7/25/06, tumkaise <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> If I compile test.groovy, it will give me test.class
> I can run the test.class by executing the command groovy test
> I can also run the same test.class by doing a java -classpath.... test
>
> Whats the difference between the two?

no diference... groovy gets compiled into java classes, like regular
java and the jvm doesnt care wich language you originally wrote (for
example, project Semplice compiles VB6 source code into classfiles)

> Are they both being run against the JVM?

[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima