CompilierConfiguration#CURRENT_JVM_VERSION

CompilierConfiguration#CURRENT_JVM_VERSION

In CompilerConfiguration we have a public constant CURRENT_JVM_VERSION which actually represents the minimum JDK version supported by a particular version of Groovy (potentially on a particular VM runtime). I was thinking of deprecating above constant (it's not used in the Groovy codebase) and renaming to MINIMUM_JDK_VERSION.

If you prefer a different name or have any other comments, let me know.

Re: CompilierConfiguration#CURRENT_JVM_VERSION

Daniel.Sun
+1

Apache Groovy committer

Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Re: CompilierConfiguration#CURRENT_JVM_VERSION

jwagenleitner
+1 for deprecating the current constant and new name (see note below).

If the new constant wont be used internally then I might suggest no new constant is created. Else if it's created in order to provide an alternate to the deprecated one, would it make sense to provide it via `groovy.lang.GroovySystem` or some other public api class outside of the internal org. package structure?

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 3:01 AM Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

In CompilerConfiguration we have a public constant CURRENT_JVM_VERSION which actually represents the minimum JDK version supported by a particular version of Groovy (potentially on a particular VM runtime). I was thinking of deprecating above constant (it's not used in the Groovy codebase) and renaming to MINIMUM_JDK_VERSION.

If you prefer a different name or have any other comments, let me know.

Re: CompilierConfiguration#CURRENT_JVM_VERSION

Remko Popma
+1

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 7:01 PM, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

In CompilerConfiguration we have a public constant CURRENT_JVM_VERSION which actually represents the minimum JDK version supported by a particular version of Groovy (potentially on a particular VM runtime). I was thinking of deprecating above constant (it's not used in the Groovy codebase) and renaming to MINIMUM_JDK_VERSION.

If you prefer a different name or have any other comments, let me know.

Cheers, Paul.