Can't run JUnit tests with gmaven-plus and Groovy

Can't run JUnit tests with gmaven-plus and Groovy

Alberto
Hi all,

I'm setting up a Groovy project with JUnit tests, and when building with Maven I see the test class being found, but 0 tests reported.

I tried several things, including creating a mirror project in Java to try to figure out the error. In Java the test case is run.

In the pom file I'm using the goals addSources, addTestSources, compile, compileTests.
The test file is very simple right now:
----
package alin.tests;

import org.junit.jupiter.api.Test;
import static org.junit.jupiter.api.Assertions.assertEquals;

class MainTest
{

    @Test
    def onePlusOne() {
        assertEquals(1 + 1, 3);

----

When building I see:
[INFO] Running alin.tests.MainTest
[INFO] Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.38 s - in alin.tests.MainTest
[INFO]
[INFO] Results:
[INFO]
[INFO] Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0

I put the full code in https://github.com/AlbertSSj/maven-tests. I'm out of ideas.

Thank you in advance,
Alberto

Alberto Ingenito

Re: Can't run JUnit tests with gmaven-plus and Groovy

Alberto
I managed to figure it out!
The problem was twofold, first "def" doesn't seem to work. I needed "void".
Also, the version of the surefire plugin had to be updated to 3.0.0-M5.

After these changes, the tests are executed properly.

:-)

Cheers,
Alberto