Business Process/ Workflow with Grails/Groovy

Business Process/ Workflow with Grails/Groovy

Kiran-2
Grails as such is nice for MVC application. However to tie together different parts of the application in a process it is very nice to have Workflow, Business Process framework.

I did see "PageFlow" concept in the Grails developers sandbox and wondering when is it planned to be available?

Does anyone have recommendation on Business Process / Workflow tools that could be used with Grails/Groovy? (Of course any Java relevant tool is fine. However I would more interested in something as simple and fun and effiecient to use as Grails)

thx
Kiran

Re: Business Process/ Workflow with Grails/Groovy

Thom Nichols
OpenSymphony OSWorkflow?  I don't think Grails necessarily supports
this directly, but I don't think it would be too hard to leverage from
a controller or service.

On 9/7/06, Kiran K.G. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Grails as such is nice for MVC application. However to tie together
> different parts of the application in a process it is very nice to have
> Workflow, Business Process framework.
>
> I did see "PageFlow" concept in the Grails developers sandbox and wondering
> when is it planned to be available?
>
> Does anyone have recommendation on Business Process / Workflow tools that
> could be used with Grails/Groovy? (Of course any Java relevant tool is fine.
> However I would more interested in something as simple and fun and
> effiecient to use as Grails)
>
> thx
> Kiran

Re: Business Process/ Workflow with Grails/Groovy

darren.davison
On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 01:02:02PM -0700, Kiran K.G. wrote:
>    Does anyone have recommendation on Business Process / Workflow tools
>    that could be used with Grails/Groovy? (Of course any Java relevant
>    tool is fine. However I would more interested in something as simple
>    and fun and effiecient to use as Grails)

Spring WebFlow?

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/spring/display/WEBFLOW/Home

D.

--
Darren Davison
Public Key: 0xE855B3EA

Re: Business Process/ Workflow with Grails/Groovy

Kiran-2
I saw that Grails also ships with Spring Webflow jar.
Just that we need some nice samples

On 9/7/06, Darren Davison <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 01:02:02PM -0700, Kiran K.G. wrote:
>    Does anyone have recommendation on Business Process / Workflow tools
>    that could be used with Grails/Groovy? (Of course any Java relevant
>    tool is fine. However I would more interested in something as simple
>    and fun and effiecient to use as Grails)

Spring WebFlow?

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/spring/display/WEBFLOW/Home

D.

--
Darren Davison
Public Key: 0xE855B3EA

Re: Business Process/ Workflow with Grails/Groovy

graemer
The Spring WebFlow support is a work in progress hence it is not
documented or supported. If someone would like to pick it up and build
on whats their please feel free!

Graeme

--
Graeme Rocher