ApacheCon NA 2020

We currently have a day allocated to Groovy (and related technologies) for ApacheCon 2020 NA (venue still to be determined). If there are lots of folks interested in giving talks, we can ask for more slots. If folks can let me know their interest I can pass that on to the conference organizers.

Re: ApacheCon NA 2020

Andres Almiray
Yay! Let ApacheCon be groovier :-)

Sent from my primitive tricorder

> On 7 Nov 2019, at 10:53, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> We currently have a day allocated to Groovy (and related technologies) for ApacheCon 2020 NA (venue still to be determined). If there are lots of folks interested in giving talks, we can ask for more slots. If folks can let me know their interest I can pass that on to the conference organizers.
>
> Cheers, Paul.

Re: ApacheCon NA 2020

Paul, do you have dates for ApacheCon?
The venue not being determined means also the city itself isn't known?
What kind of topics do you think should be covered? (general, or necessarily a link with other Apache projects?)

Guillaume

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:12 PM Andres Almiray <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yay! Let ApacheCon be groovier :-)

Sent from my primitive tricorder

> On 7 Nov 2019, at 10:53, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> We currently have a day allocated to Groovy (and related technologies) for ApacheCon 2020 NA (venue still to be determined). If there are lots of folks interested in giving talks, we can ask for more slots. If folks can let me know their interest I can pass that on to the conference organizers.
>
> Cheers, Paul.

Apache Groovy committer

Re: ApacheCon NA 2020

paulk_asert

Dates not decided yet. Aug-Oct was the broad plan. I haven't heard if they have narrowed it down yet. Last I heard venue would likely be Mexico City or New Orleans.
The Groovy track can be anything in the broader Groovy ecosystem. The more general CFP would be anything with some link to Apache projects/technologies.
The attendees are typically folks with a strong interest in some Apache project/technology.

Cheers, Paul.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:11 AM Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Paul, do you have dates for ApacheCon?
The venue not being determined means also the city itself isn't known?
What kind of topics do you think should be covered? (general, or necessarily a link with other Apache projects?)

Guillaume

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:12 PM Andres Almiray <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yay! Let ApacheCon be groovier :-)

Sent from my primitive tricorder

> On 7 Nov 2019, at 10:53, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> We currently have a day allocated to Groovy (and related technologies) for ApacheCon 2020 NA (venue still to be determined). If there are lots of folks interested in giving talks, we can ask for more slots. If folks can let me know their interest I can pass that on to the conference organizers.
>
> Cheers, Paul.

Apache Groovy committer