Any macOS users around who can test groovyConsole on JDK10?

Any macOS users around who can test groovyConsole on JDK10?

paulk_asert

I don't have access to macOS at the moment. If anyone does and can spare a few moments to run groovyConsole from the CI server snapshots:
It would be great to see if the quick hack I did for GROOVY-8718 works. It should work (at least in theory if I have understood the suggested changes correctly) for JDK8, 10 and 11 snapshot releases.

If anyone knows a better way to do this, please feel free to back out my change and do something else:

Thanks for any feedback,

Re: Any macOS users around who can test groovyConsole on JDK10?

Jesper Steen Møller
I couldn't get the URL (no login), but I tried the tip of master on Java 9 and 10, and the console started with both, using ./gradlew console from the repo root.

Both threw a strange syntax error on start:
> Task :groovy-console:console
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1 (file:/Users/jesper/Hobby/groovy/target/libs/groovy-raw-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) to constructor java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup(java.lang.Class,int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
script15328103085531776841111.groovy: 1: Unexpected input: '"' @ line 1, column 1.
   "
   ^

1 error

        at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ErrorCollector.failIfErrors(ErrorCollector.java:311)

but the console worked just fine after that.

-Jesper

On 28 Jul 2018, at 21.09, Paul King <[hidden email]> wrote:

I don't have access to macOS at the moment. If anyone does and can spare a few moments to run groovyConsole from the CI server snapshots:
It would be great to see if the quick hack I did for GROOVY-8718 works. It should work (at least in theory if I have understood the suggested changes correctly) for JDK8, 10 and 11 snapshot releases.

If anyone knows a better way to do this, please feel free to back out my change and do something else:

Thanks for any feedback,

Cheers, Paul.