[ANNOUNCE] Groovy 2.5.7 and 3.0.0-beta-1 Windows Installers Released

[ANNOUNCE] Groovy 2.5.7 and 3.0.0-beta-1 Windows Installers Released

keeganwitt
The Windows installer for Groovy 2.5.7 is now available from Bintray: https://bintray.com/groovy/Distributions/Windows-Installer/groovy-2.5.7-installer.

The Windows installer for Groovy 3.0.0-beta-1 is now available from Bintray: https://bintray.com/groovy/Distributions/download_file?file_path=groovy-3.0.0-beta-1-installer.exe.

These are also the first releases where I've published a preview of Windows Installers created with the WiX Toolset.  I invite you to try them out and provide any feedback you might have.  It's my intention to eventually replace the current NSIS-based installer with this installer.  I believe it to be reasonably stable.  I've personally been using these instead of the NSIS based installer for a while now.  Here are the links to those installers:

Be aware that you need to fully uninstall the NSIS based Groovy installation before installing with an MSI installer.

-Keegan

-Keegan

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Groovy 2.5.7 and 3.0.0-beta-1 Windows Installers Released

Nice work, Keegan!

-----
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member
Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Apache Groovy committer & PMC member

Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Groovy 2.5.7 and 3.0.0-beta-1 Windows Installers Released

Remko Popma

On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 11:49 PM Daniel.Sun <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nice work, Keegan!

-----