[ANNOUNCE] Groovy 2.4.21, 2.5.14, and 3.0.7 Windows installers released

[ANNOUNCE] Groovy 2.4.21, 2.5.14, and 3.0.7 Windows installers released

keegan

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Groovy 2.4.21, 2.5.14, and 3.0.7 Windows installers released

Daniel.Sun
Nice work, Keegan.

On 2020/12/04 04:48:06 Keegan Witt wrote:
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member

Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Groovy 2.4.21, 2.5.14, and 3.0.7 Windows installers released

Mike M
A novice colleague had trouble installing Groovy in Windows following the instructions here: https://groovy-lang.org/install.html#_installation_on_windows
Basically this section links to a non existing page.  A link to bintray in this section would be helpful.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Groovy 2.4.21, 2.5.14, and 3.0.7 Windows installers released

keegan
The latest install links are on this page: https://groovy.apache.org/download.html

There's also the parent page in Bintray that has all the files: https://bintray.com/groovy/Distributions/Windows-Installer

-Keegan

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 4:41 AM Mike M <[hidden email]> wrote:
A novice colleague had trouble installing Groovy in Windows following the instructions here: https://groovy-lang.org/install.html#_installation_on_windows
Basically this section links to a non existing page.  A link to bintray in this section would be helpful.
First, Download a binary distribution of Groovy and unpack it into some file on your local file system. Set your GROOVY_HOME environment variable to the directory you unpacked the distribution.. Add GROOVY_HOME/bin to your PATH environment variable.. Set your JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to your JDK. On OS X this is /Library/Java/Home, on other unixes its often /usr/java etc.