[ANN] Joint releases of Groovy 1.8.9, 2.0.7 and 2.1.1

[ANN] Joint releases of Groovy 1.8.9, 2.0.7 and 2.1.1

The Groovy development team is happy to announce the joint releases of Groovy 1.8.9, 2.0.7, and 2.1.1!

Those three releases are essentially bug fix releases.

You can have a look at the JIRA issues we tackled here:
Head over to the Groovy distribution area to download the Groovy distributions and documentation.

Some further notes about our current releases and branches:

Groovy 1.8.9 is the last planned update for the 1.8 versions of Groovy unless critical bugs arise.
When resolving bug requests we may not automatically apply them to the 1.8 versions of Groovy as we are trying to focus on later releases when we can and backporting some of the fixes can be a little tricky.
However, if you have a critical bug and are unable to upgrade, please indicate that in the relevant jira issue and we will try to take that into account when resolving issues.
Of course patches/pull requests against the 1_8_X branch are also welcome! :-)

Releasing Groovy 2.0.7 wasn't strictly necessary as upgrading to Groovy 2.1.1 is straightforward but we wanted to make a formal last release for the 2.0.x branch.

And going forward, bug fixes will be targeted at both 2.1.x and 2.2 lines, and only 2.2 will get any new features that may come, but we don't anticipate that 2.0.x will get further fixes as the 2.1.x line supersedes that branch.

Thanks a lot to all those who contributed to this release, and we're looking forward to hearing about your feedback!

SpringSource, a division of VMware

Re: [ANN] Joint releases of Groovy 1.8.9, 2.0.7 and 2.1.1

Cédric Champeau
Hi guys,

<personal branding>
As a complement to the release notes, I published a blog post a few days ago that demonstrates the combination of several features of Groovy 2.1. Here it is:

http://www.jroller.com/melix/entry/static_builders_inception
</personal branding>

Le 15/02/2013 12:13, Guillaume Laforge a écrit :
Hi all,

[...]

http://www.springsource.com/
http://twitter.com/CedricChampeau

Re: [ANN] Joint releases of Groovy 1.8.9, 2.0.7 and 2.1.1

Andrey Bloschetsov
Thanks Cédric, very useful for me!

2013/2/15 Cédric Champeau <[hidden email]>:

> Hi guys,
>
> <personal branding>
> As a complement to the release notes, I published a blog post a few days ago
> that demonstrates the combination of several features of Groovy 2.1. Here it
> is:
>
> http://www.jroller.com/melix/entry/static_builders_inception
> </personal branding>
>

> Le 15/02/2013 12:13, Guillaume Laforge a écrit :
>
> Hi all,
>
> The Groovy development team is happy to announce the joint releases of
> Groovy 1.8.9, 2.0.7, and 2.1.1!
>
> Those three releases are essentially bug fix releases.
>
> You can have a look at the JIRA issues we tackled here:
>
> JIRA release notes for Groovy 1.8.9
> JIRA release notes for Groovy 2.0.7
> JIRA release notes for Groovy 2.1.1
>
> Head over to the Groovy distribution area to download the Groovy
> distributions and documentation.
>
> Some further notes about our current releases and branches:
>
> Groovy 1.8.9 is the last planned update for the 1.8 versions of Groovy
> unless critical bugs arise.
> When resolving bug requests we may not automatically apply them to the 1.8
> versions of Groovy as we are trying to focus on later releases when we can
> and backporting some of the fixes can be a little tricky.
> However, if you have a critical bug and are unable to upgrade, please
> indicate that in the relevant jira issue and we will try to take that into
> account when resolving issues.
> Of course patches/pull requests against the 1_8_X branch are also welcome!
> :-)
>
> Releasing Groovy 2.0.7 wasn't strictly necessary as upgrading to Groovy
> 2.1.1 is straightforward but we wanted to make a formal last release for the
> 2.0.x branch.
>
> And going forward, bug fixes will be targeted at both 2.1.x and 2.2 lines,
> and only 2.2 will get any new features that may come, but we don't
> anticipate that 2.0.x will get further fixes as the 2.1.x line supersedes
> that branch.
>
> Thanks a lot to all those who contributed to this release, and we're looking
> forward to hearing about your feedback!
>
> --
> Guillaume Laforge
> Groovy Project Manager
> SpringSource, a division of VMware
>
> Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/
> Social: @glaforge / Google+
>

> --
> Cédric Champeau
> SpringSource - A Division Of VMware
> http://www.springsource.com/
> http://twitter.com/CedricChampeau

--
Andrey Bloschetsov

Re: [ANN] Joint releases of Groovy 1.8.9, 2.0.7 and 2.1.1

Chanwit Kaewkasi
Hi Cédric,

Static markup builder is super cool! I am looking forward to use it in
my Grails plugin.

Best regards,

-chanwit

--
Chanwit Kaewkasi
linkedin.com/in/chanwit

Le 16/02/2013 07:39, Chanwit Kaewkasi a écrit :
> Hi Cédric,
>
> Static markup builder is super cool! I am looking forward to use it in
> my Grails plugin.
>
> Best regards,
Thanks. Before seeing something like this in Grails, it needs serious
improvements. Of course I'm open to pull requests :)