[ANN] GContracts 1.2.0 Released

Andre Steingress
hi all,

i am proud to announce the release of GContracts 1.2.0 [0]. It comes with a whole bunch of bug fixes and new features including:

*) @Requires and @Ensures support for Groovy interfaces
*) a customized version of the Groovydoc Ant task
*) annotation closures: custom annotations to reuse micro contracts e.g. on parameters (@NotNull, @NotEmpty etc.)
*) additional extension points: annotation processors and lifecycle implementations
*) new precondition inheritance evaluation at runtime
*) detection of circular assertion method calls
*) ... and more ;)

the original announcement can be found at [1], the dzone link is [2].

Cheers, Andre

[0] https://github.com/andresteingress/gcontracts
[1] http://blog.andresteingress.com/2011/03/11/gcontracts-1-2-0-released/
[2] http://www.dzone.com/links/gcontracts_120_released.html

Re: [ANN] GContracts 1.2.0 Released

HamletDRC2
Do you have more details on the groovydoc stuff? Is this an extension of GroovyDoc or a fork of GroovyDoc?

> i am proud to announce the release of GContracts 1.2.0 [0]. It comes
> with a whole bunch of bug fixes and new features including:
>

> *) @Requires and @Ensures support for Groovy interfaces
> *) a customized version of the Groovydoc Ant task
> *) annotation closures: custom annotations to reuse micro contracts
> e.g. on parameters (@NotNull, @NotEmpty etc.)
> *) additional extension points: annotation processors and lifecycle
> implementations
> *) new precondition inheritance evaluation at runtime
> *) detection of circular assertion method calls
> *) ... and more ;)
>

> the original announcement can be found at [1], the dzone link is [2].
>

> Cheers, Andre
>

> [0] https://github.com/andresteingress/gcontracts
> [1]
> http://blog.andresteingress.com/2011/03/11/gcontracts-1-2-0-released/
> [2] http://www.dzone.com/links/gcontracts_120_released.html

Re: [ANN] GContracts 1.2.0 Released

Andre Steingress

Do you have more details on the groovydoc stuff? Is this an extension of GroovyDoc or a fork of GroovyDoc?

currently it is a fork.

using a customized class template would have been sufficient in my case. unfortunately, all template paths are hard-coded in Groovydoc.

i am going to submit a patch for calling the Groovydoc task with custom template paths. i've already implemented it locally, but i did not find the time to add more build test-cases. when i'm done, i am going to post an issue including the patch.

see http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/extending-Groovydoc-tt3409455.html

cheers, andre

On 11/03/2011 7:05 PM, Andre Steingress wrote:

>> Do you have more details on the groovydoc stuff? Is this an extension of GroovyDoc or a fork of GroovyDoc?
> currently it is a fork.
>
> using a customized class template would have been sufficient in my case. unfortunately, all template paths are hard-coded in Groovydoc.
>
> i am going to submit a patch for calling the Groovydoc task with custom template paths. i've already implemented it locally, but i did not find the time to add more build test-cases. when i'm done, i am going to post an issue including the patch.
>
> see http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/extending-Groovydoc-tt3409455.html
>
> cheers, andre

If you have time in the next few days we might be able to get it merged in time for the next RC release and 1.7.10 both of which are planned for a short timeframe.

Re: [ANN] GContracts 1.2.0 Released

Andre Steingress
Added a jira issue, patch included:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GROOVY-4724